·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as a directv agent im finding that the weakest link in the whole outfit

is the companys that directv pays for the installls

Mastec 877 889 7880

ironwood 800 805 8570

by far these companys are run by ****** and ****** and thats the good side

and lets not forget lazy thiefs trying to gouge as much money from the install as they can

i was on hold with one of them for 20 min. and they just hung up

:mad:

Mod Edit: I removed the two "offensive" (one which was done in a way to skirt past the filters)... Let's just say, they are not the most complementary terms

·
Godfather
439 Posts
lunatweeker said:

Mastec 877 889 7880

ironwood 800 805 8570

and lets not forget lazy thiefs trying to gouge as much money from the install as they can

I used to be a level 2 ("Tier II") tech support phone agent for Directv. I agree with you about Mastec...I am sorry to see Ironwood sliding down as well. They seem to be ok here in Las Vegas, unless someone has another story to tell.

·
Super Moderator
12,863 Posts
I had a very satisfactory install by Ironwood, and I know of another in the local area (Seattle) who also did.

Carl

·
Mentor
34 Posts
lunatweeker said:

Mastec 877 889 7880

ironwood 800 805 8570

My 2 hr20s and 5 lnb dish were installed in 3 hours perfectly. Installer, Mastec, couldn't have been better. You are judging all by one experience.

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
Mastec are horrible, and I will never let them come near any part of my system again.

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
RJC49 said:
My 2 hr20s and 5 lnb dish were installed in 3 hours perfectly. Installer, Mastec, couldn't have been better. You are judging all by one experience.
Glad it worked out for you. I'm sure even Mastec have some competent folks w/ pride in their work.

But there have been lots of folks who have received shoddy work and treatment from them.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
The installer Ironwood sent out did a good job. I'm in the Seattle area, but I don't think it was from Lynnwood since they called to confirm from the 360 are code rather than 425.

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
lunatweeker said:

Mastec 877 889 7880

ironwood 800 805 8570

Mod Edit: I removed the two "offensive" (one which was done in a way to skirt past the filters)... Let's just say, they are not the most complementary terms
This is a two way street.

I've been on the line with D reps trying to get customers boxes activated for a hour before. The CSR kept saying, just another minute. This was embarassing to me personally and to D.

Or the time I was transfered 7 times & disconnected twice trying to get a replacement HD box & RF remote ordered for a customer. After telling the reps exactly what I needed done to resolve the customers problem I get the "Thats xxx department let me transfer you".

Or today, go to do a HD upgrade to a customer, no one was home. Why? Because D* sent me to their OLD address from two months ago. Funny thing is, the customer used the movers connection two months ago. So how does that happen? (this has happened on other occasions).

Or the countless workorders that are wrong from D*. Like for example, a workorder showing a 3x4 MS on a install with the world direct ODU. Nope, won't work, need a 4x4, 4x8 or 6x8.

I can go on, but this will just degrade into a pi****g match.

Both sides have issues with people who have no idea what to do.

This thread should be locked before it gets to ugly.

·
AllStar
98 Posts
I would have to agree with RobertE, there are problems with both installers and csr's. I was a CSR for several years, and it frustrated me to no end when I had a poor installer call in because the previous rep had no idea what they were doing and was taking so long to fix the problem. Most problems were resolved with a couple quick clicks.

On the other hand I have talked to some customers after the installer has left, and they have complained about the installer, and just wanted the installer out of the house. They then called back to have another installer come in and fix what the first didn't do, or did wrong. It just goes to show that no matter where you are, there are people who care about their job, and want to do the best they can, and there are people that could care less.

·
Godfather
439 Posts
RobertE said:
This is a two way street.

I've been on the line with D reps trying to get customers boxes activated for a hour before. The CSR kept saying, just another minute. This was embarassing to me personally and to D.

Or the time I was transfered 7 times & disconnected twice trying to get a replacement HD box & RF remote ordered for a customer. After telling the reps exactly what I needed done to resolve the customers problem I get the "Thats xxx department let me transfer you".

Or today, go to do a HD upgrade to a customer, no one was home. Why? Because D* sent me to their OLD address from two months ago. Funny thing is, the customer used the movers connection two months ago. So how does that happen? (this has happened on other occasions).

Or the countless workorders that are wrong from D*. Like for example, a workorder showing a 3x4 MS on a install with the world direct ODU. Nope, won't work, need a 4x4, 4x8 or 6x8.

I can go on, but this will just degrade into a pi****g match.

Both sides have issues with people who have no idea what to do.

This thread should be locked before it gets to ugly.
This has been because the interface/software program between the installers and Directv has been seperate from the main systems, and it is a ***** to operate. not to mention, it will create multiple "houses" and inexperienced reps will often pull up the wrong one (ie the one with the wrong or old address) I have spent many a minute myself making sure the "house" I was choosing as a rep was the right one.

Oh, and the hardware ordering system for directv? If it needs an install...it reaches out to the interface system mentioned above, and...creates yet another "house"....GRRRRR!!!!!!

AFAIK, Directv was working to integrate these 3 systems. Hard to do...the special team some people report they were getting transferred to were working on the "#3" build of the software program that was supposed to be eliminating the above issues...next time I get a united states based rep, I'll try to remember to ask them.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AnonomissX said:
AFAIK, Directv was working to integrate these 3 systems. Hard to do...the special team some people report they were getting transferred to were working on the "#3" build of the software program that was supposed to be eliminating the above issues...next time I get a united states based rep, I'll try to remember to ask them.
this new system "rio 3" is the future but from the little csr i have talk to that are trained on it

they HATE IT

and your right bad installers and stupid CSR dragging down the company and giving Directv a black eye :mad:

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
connect television afs 310 868 1187

these guys by far must be the worst

·
Legend
139 Posts
lunatweeker said:
connect television afs 310 868 1187

these guys by far must be the worst
Judging by your signature, I'm trying to figure out who you're trying to do a favor for...

Oh, and btw- it's pretty logical: the two HSPs you named, Mastec and Ironwood are the #2 and #1 HSP's by tech count and markets served respectively. If the laws of averages holds up- you would get more complaints attributed to those companies by default, wouldn't you?

I'm not saying that it's right that you have to deal with customer complaints that are caused by an installer that works for my company (not going to say which one- you be the judge)... but let's just say I'll send you good thoughts the next time I field a call from a customer who has called D* 6+ times trying to get a job built with the right equipment and 6+ times the work order has been built incorrectly with the wrong eq, outlet codes and/or receiver codes. Or maybe assigned to the wrong GEO code or updated with the wrong address or phone information.

You'd almost think we both didn't want the same thing.... almost.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.