Godfather
439 Posts
lunatweeker said:
as a directv agent im finding that the weakest link in the whole outfit

is the companys that directv pays for the installls

Mastec 877 889 7880

ironwood 800 805 8570

by far these companys are run by ****** and ****** and thats the good side

and lets not forget lazy thiefs trying to gouge as much money from the install as they can

i was on hold with one of them for 20 min. and they just hung up

:mad:
I used to be a level 2 ("Tier II") tech support phone agent for Directv. I agree with you about Mastec...I am sorry to see Ironwood sliding down as well. They seem to be ok here in Las Vegas, unless someone has another story to tell.

·
Godfather
439 Posts
RobertE said:
This is a two way street.

I've been on the line with D reps trying to get customers boxes activated for a hour before. The CSR kept saying, just another minute. This was embarassing to me personally and to D.

Or the time I was transfered 7 times & disconnected twice trying to get a replacement HD box & RF remote ordered for a customer. After telling the reps exactly what I needed done to resolve the customers problem I get the "Thats xxx department let me transfer you".

Or today, go to do a HD upgrade to a customer, no one was home. Why? Because D* sent me to their OLD address from two months ago. Funny thing is, the customer used the movers connection two months ago. So how does that happen? (this has happened on other occasions).

Or the countless workorders that are wrong from D*. Like for example, a workorder showing a 3x4 MS on a install with the world direct ODU. Nope, won't work, need a 4x4, 4x8 or 6x8.

I can go on, but this will just degrade into a pi****g match.

Both sides have issues with people who have no idea what to do.

This thread should be locked before it gets to ugly.
This has been because the interface/software program between the installers and Directv has been seperate from the main systems, and it is a ***** to operate. not to mention, it will create multiple "houses" and inexperienced reps will often pull up the wrong one (ie the one with the wrong or old address) I have spent many a minute myself making sure the "house" I was choosing as a rep was the right one.

Oh, and the hardware ordering system for directv? If it needs an install...it reaches out to the interface system mentioned above, and...creates yet another "house"....GRRRRR!!!!!!

AFAIK, Directv was working to integrate these 3 systems. Hard to do...the special team some people report they were getting transferred to were working on the "#3" build of the software program that was supposed to be eliminating the above issues...next time I get a united states based rep, I'll try to remember to ask them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.