DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To increase consumer awareness of the serious drought conditions throughout North America, The Weather Channel (TWC) is traveling across the Northeast to demonstrate the impact of North America's severe weather (or the lack thereof), to explore the causes and near-term drought outlook and to demonstrate the need for viewers to do their part in conserving water.

From May 8 to 12, TWC and the StormTracker truck will be on-location in the Northeast region observing and interviewing people about the effects of this year's drought. Drought segments will air during Evening Edition (9 to 11 p.m. EST) on May 8 and 9 and during Weekend Now (5 to 10 a.m. EST) on May 11 and 12. The schedule is as follows:

* May 8 - Live in Boston with TWC on-camera meteorologist (OCM) Mish Michaels.
* May 9 - Live in New York/New Jersey with OCM Kristin Dodd.
* May 11 - Live in New York/New Jersey with OCM Kristin Dodd.
* May 12 - Live in New York/New Jersey with OCM Kristin Dodd.

Meteorologists at TWC say the best remedy for restoring reservoirs to normal levels and saving crops is a prolonged period of regular, moderate rainfall events. Experts at The Weather Channel indicate a wetter pattern for the Northeast during the next week or two that could provide some help, but the rainfall will not be enough to erase drought conditions that plague much of the Eastern United States.

From SkyRetailer (Used with Permission)

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scott, Steve whats the diff...Both have 5 letters and begin with an S. :D
We havent had a drought in the Buffalo area in a long time, if ever during my life. In the past we had to watch our water usage being on a well, but now with city water its all good. :) I couldnt live w/o my morning shower

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.