DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Icon
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've had the H20 for a couple of months and I love the HD and Sunday Ticket. I'll have the Sunday Ticket until someone else starts broadcasting or netcasting out of market games of my team, the Vikings, so that I don't miss any. I run the H20 into my Gateway 21" HD computer monitor and get a marvelous picture.

I've kept my basic expanded cable for all the rest of the TV's in the house.

I ordered a new 37" HD TV that will free up my computer again for use while watching TV. I decided that I was going to get Charter cable's HD/DVR and check out the differences of PQ and HD locals/nationals compared to what I get on the H20 with the thought that if I don't like the Charter product that I would order a HR20 when available. Since there is no time commitment on the HD Cable, I can try it basically risk free. Then I can decide which mix of programming from which company will be what I want and keep my total expenditure as low as possible by eliminating duplicate programming. Neither has our local Fox or NBC HD. I get OTA NBC HD, but it is intermittent.

So, I tell you all this to relate what happened when I got to the Charter office. I told the lady what I wanted, she said "no problem we can do all that, and you could take the equipment home with you except we have a small shortage right now." I said, "Ok, but can I get it before my new TV arrives in a week or so?" She says, "No, I am truly sorry but, we won't have any HD or HD/DVR boxes until after the first of the year." I laughed, and laughed to myself some more. I said, OK, put me on the waiting list. I couldn't even get mad about it considering what I've read in this forum day after day.

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
I figured something like this might happen when the price of a decent HDTV dropped below $1000. More people buying HD than they can keep up with. Enjoy your 37". I wouldnt trade mine for anything. Fits perfectly, looks fantastic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.