DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AllStar
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just switched over to Dish. I was using an old HIRD D* box and was getting very good PQ on SD channels with D*.

Now I am very regretful. Dish PQ with their new 622 on SD channels is awful. So bad, I don't even watch the SD channels any more and will be forced to buy my favorite shows on DVD and watch them a year late.

Not complaining here, just giving food for thought before you switch. A few others on the Dish side have/are complaining about the SD PQ but not as many as I would have thought given how bad my PQ is (maybe they are coming from really bad cable or something or have never seen D* PQ).

If I can get the $199 lease upgrade fee refunded, I may bail out and go back to D*.

Try to get a look at someone else's 622 SD PQ before you jump ship is my advice. Or, wait until all your favorite shows are on HD channels.

·
Banned
614 Posts
Lnd Svyr said:
I just switched over to Dish. I was using an old HIRD D* box and was getting very good PQ on SD channels with D*.

Now I am very regretful. Dish PQ with their new 622 on SD channels is awful. So bad, I don't even watch the SD channels any more and will be forced to buy my favorite shows on DVD and watch them a year late.

Not complaining here, just giving food for thought before you switch. A few others on the Dish side have/are complaining about the SD PQ but not as many as I would have thought given how bad my PQ is (maybe they are coming from really bad cable or something or have never seen D* PQ).

If I can get the $199 lease upgrade fee refunded, I may bail out and go back to D*.

Try to get a look at someone else's 622 SD PQ before you jump ship is my advice. Or, wait until all your favorite shows are on HD channels.
If your a big sports fan, and like HD on top of locals in HD, then DirecTV will be ahead of Dish by end of next year. Ask yourself ... Can I get my local HD with Dishnet? Can I get my RSN sports in HD with Dishnet? Can I get up to 150 national HD channels with Dishnet? You need to do some research and comparison to come to the correct answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.