DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Godfather
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the HR20 yesterday. First I need to give props to everyone who has posted tips and solutions to problems. I went crazy with the DD issue before deciding to come here. Of course the solution was found right away! :biggthump

In any event, this is my first D* receiver with interactive stuff and I have to say it is very cool. Being able to move through the Game Mix is great and I like the scores and stats. Overall, this is worth the upgrade for me so far. Now D* just needs to do a game mix for the other major sports, so I can use it with NL Center Ice. And D* needs some HD Mix channels as well. :D

Anyway, again thanks to all for the great advice.

· Registered
4,880 Posts
The interactive stuff is pretty cool at times. The interactive content on YES is insanely thorough. However I find myself not using them that often. They have a clunky feel to me; take time to load, animation isn't that smooth, etc. I don't know if some of the interactive applications need some more polishing or if the HR20 just doesn't have enough juice to run the interactive stuff more swiftly.

· Registered
5,952 Posts
gator5000e said:
I just got the HR20 yesterday. First I need to give props to everyone who has posted tips and solutions to problems. I went crazy with the DD issue before deciding to come here. Of course the solution was found right away! :biggthump

In any event, this is my first D* receiver with interactive stuff and I have to say it is very cool. Being able to move through the Game Mix is great and I like the scores and stats. Overall, this is worth the upgrade for me so far. Now D* just needs to do a game mix for the other major sports, so I can use it with NL Center Ice. And D* needs some HD Mix channels as well. :D

Anyway, again thanks to all for the great advice.
The interactive stuff on NFL ST SuperFan is terrific! I've had no problems with it at all. In the early time slot, where there are a lot of games, I put my favorite game up in HD, hit the Red button on the remote and load the scores from the other games. Knowing who has the ball in the other games, when they go in the red zone, or just scored is a great feature. Also, highlighting a game from the score box for that game and being able to go to it full screen is another fature I like a lot.

I don't like the Game Mix at all...too busy, resolution too poor.

· Godfather
340 Posts
hasan said:
The interactive stuff on NFL ST SuperFan is terrific! I've had no problems with it at all. In the early time slot, where there are a lot of games, I put my favorite game up in HD, hit the Red button on the remote and load the scores from the other games. Knowing who has the ball in the other games, when they go in the red zone, or just scored is a great feature. Also, highlighting a game from the score box for that game and being able to go to it full screen is another fature I like a lot.

I don't like the Game Mix at all...too busy, resolution too poor.
I don't know if you noticed this but, the light blue highlight that shows which team has the ball gets longer in relation to where they are on the field (i.e. if they are on they 50 yd line it will be filled halfway).

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Twosted said:
I don't know if you noticed this but, the light blue highlight that shows which team has the ball gets longer in relation to where they are on the field (i.e. if they are on they 50 yd line it will be filled halfway).
No...I didn't, I'll pay more attention to that. Very clever use of the available screen area and colors!

· Legend
216 Posts
Too bad a box that has to get rebooted so often doesn't remember settings for any of these interactive features. No idea why that is the case, how much space could it take to store this on the HD to load up after a boot?

Another thing that bugs me, why does it take so long for the HR20 to rebuild its guide? Relatively speaking, it isn't that much information to deal with. Don't tell me it has to re-download it every time after a reboot, that would be ridiculous. Combine the slow guide rebuild time with missing guide data screwing up recrodings (another head scratcher) and you have a recipe for disaster every time this thing locks up and you have to reboot it.

· Godfather
340 Posts
ouijal said:
Too bad a box that has to get rebooted so often doesn't remember settings for any of these interactive features. No idea why that is the case, how much space could it take to store this on the HD to load up after a boot?

Another thing that bugs me, why does it take so long for the HR20 to rebuild its guide? Relatively speaking, it isn't that much information to deal with. Don't tell me it has to re-download it every time after a reboot, that would be ridiculous. Combine the slow guide rebuild time with missing guide data screwing up recrodings (another head scratcher) and you have a recipe for disaster every time this thing locks up and you have to reboot it.
See now this could have been an actual positive, informative thread. But Noooo, you just had to chime in and ruin it. The guide issue has nothing to do with what we were talking about. C'mon man if it's not related to the topic post in a different topic.:nono2:

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Twosted said:
See now this could have been an actual positive, informative thread. But Noooo, you just had to chime in and ruin it. The guide issue has nothing to do with what we were talking about. C'mon man if it's not related to the topic post in a different topic.:nono2:
Besides that, I've only rebooted one time, and that was to fix a GUI (very minor) issue, so the comment has no significance for me whatever. The NFL-ST SuperFan features work perfectly for me and always have. One reboot (not even really necessary) in over 4 weeks is no biggie to me...and I agree, those who are having problems (major), really should give it a rest in threads where there is no connection between their issue and the topic being discussed. Some people just have to "take a shot", as if that is going to make life better for anyone (including them).

· Legend
216 Posts
Twosted said:
The unit saving settings is 100% germane to the discussion of the interactive features. It is also informative for people to know that this is the case. I am sorry you do not like me bringing it up, but maybe you should take it out on D* instead of the messenger.

I agree the Guide issue is not about the interactive features but it is related to my point about the unit not saving things to HD that seem like obvious things to do so with. Discussions have lives of their own, stop trying to control them at the sake of participating in them.

· Legend
216 Posts
hasan said:
Besides that, I've only rebooted one time, and that was to fix a GUI (very minor) issue, so the comment has no significance for me whatever. The NFL-ST SuperFan features work perfectly for me and always have. One reboot (not even really necessary) in over 4 weeks is no biggie to me...and I agree, those who are having problems (major), really should give it a rest in threads where there is no connection between their issue and the topic being discussed. Some people just have to "take a shot", as if that is going to make life better for anyone (including them).
Strangely enough I post what has significance to me, not to you. I will tryharder in the future ot only post things that have significance to you and yoru life which obviously I should know all about.

I wasnt just taking a shot at D* any more than th eposter who said the interactive GUI loaded too slowly and the hr20 was underpowered. I didnt know this was a "blow sunshine out your butt about the hr20 interactive features" thread.

I truly think where threads go downhill is when they get personal, not when people disagree or post about different user experiences.

· Registered
5,952 Posts
ouijal said:
Strangely enough I post what has significance to me, not to you. I will tryharder in the future ot only post things that have significance to you and yoru life which obviously I should know all about.

I wasnt just taking a shot at D* any more than th eposter who said the interactive GUI loaded too slowly and the hr20 was underpowered. I didnt know this was a "blow sunshine out your butt about the hr20 interactive features" thread.
Then you should re-read the title and the first message.

· Registered
4,880 Posts
ouijal said:

Interactive stuff is definitely too slow for my liking. ;)

Anyway, everyone hug and let's get :backtotop

· Legend
216 Posts
hasan said:
Then you should re-read the title and the first message.
Please show me where it says ONLY POST GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE INTERACTIVE FEATURES in the title of the first message and I will happily apologize.

Threads in this forum are for discussing the merits of a feature, both good and bad. Check out any number of threads and you will see thousands of posts that disagree with the supposition put forward in the initial message.

Rather than discuss the disucssion, I would like to discuss the topic. So this will be my last reply to the obvious baiting that is going on here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.