DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mentor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I am easily impressed, but last night I tuned to the Brewers game on an MLB Extra Innings HD channel. It was blacked out, but all of a sudden the HR20, with the latest CE software, began to search for it on a non blackout channel. It found it and a message came up which said something like... It was found on channel XXX, but it is not in HD. Would you still like to tune to it? I may have the verbiage wrong, as it was last night and I was tired. I remembered reading something about this in the latest CE notes, but thought that it was a feature that I would probably never use. I have had the HR20 since shortly after it was available, so I have survived the frustration of the early days. Last night made me think that this has actually become a really nice piece of equipment. My old TIVO would never have done this. Good Job Dierctv.

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts

·
Broadcast Engineer
4,153 Posts
It would be cooler if it found an HD broadcast. Mine found an SD broadcast, which fooled me into missing an alternate HD broadcast, also available at that time.

So, kinda cool, not as cool as it should be--yet. Get to work, DTV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.