DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Godfather
260 Posts
jerkieman said:
I have got some good info from here and think Earl does a great job, along with a lot of posters here, but if someone says the HR20 is no good, or it isn't working for them people attack them and come back with:

It's been working for me for a month, implying the poster is an idiot and doesn't know what they are doing.

Do you think people are lying? Why the cult like following of this box? We all got to admit it's got a long way to go, I think it will get better, but don't think DirecTV should have released it in its present form.
No, most of these responses are stating that not "ALL" is doom and gloom for these boxes. I have had mine a couple of weeks and have not had any issues "yet" but reading about other peoples problems let me know that if something were to happen on mine it is not an isolated incident.

I have also known many people (IRL) who really need some sort of mood stabilzer as everything in their world is either "the greatest thing ever" or "the biggest piece of junk" (or insert other word for junk). When people come out with that attitude I just pretty much dismiss what they have to say as the truth always lies somewhere in the middle. If you think it is bad here, try some motorcycle forums and the flame wars that go on because bike (model/type) A is doing this and is a piece of junk and watch the defenders come out after them.....that stuff is pretty mild here.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
btmoore said:
Poor QA process and flawed software designs, tied into a marketing group pushing to get a product out because of external market pressure, all probably linked to a bonus plan that required the product to ship by a date for the management team to get a pay out. But I am just cynical enough to believe that kind of thing because I have worked as an high tech executive in the valley.
That seems to be SOP for all companies in all fields anymore, nothing exclusive to D* or software companies. The verbage may be different but it afflicts all of us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.