DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of the descriptive text for the VOD episodes of "The Two Coreys" it says "This program is copy protected; therefore it may not be viewable".

What is the purpose of that message? The VOD was viewable after downloading and the text no longer was in the description.

· Registered
14,213 Posts
This wasn't in HD, was it?

I recall a while a go a massive thread with a title something like, "Don't blame DIRECTV..." that discussed how certain content may not be viewable unless the user was outputting video via HDMI and not over component cable. I wonder if this is now being implemented for certain on-demand content?

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Drew2k said:

I recall a while a go a massive thread with a title something like, "Don't blame DIRECTV..." that discussed how certain content may not be viewable unless the user was outputting video via HDMI and not over component cable. I wonder if this is now being implemented for certain on-demand content?
Exactly!

· Hall Of Fame
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drew2k said:

It was SD.

· Registered
24,401 Posts
Yeah... I bet that has to do with HDCP protection, just like what they have been testing on channel 100, I believe it is. If you get 100, you should be able to ignore that statement, at least thats how I understand it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.