DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with keys repeating themselves like key bounce or something similar. Sometimes I press a number key once and I get two or three numbers instead of just one.

I have the HR20-700 entered as my device. I have tried changing the delay (the 0 to 5 setting) and the inter-key delay and these seem to have no effect on this issue. They do something but I am not sure what benefit they have with this issue. If I have anything other than the defaults, I cannot get the double press skip to tick, skip to end, skip to beginning thing to work.

Do any of you have this problem?

Also, sometimes my HR-20 will respond multiple times to holding a key down and sometimes it wont. I would rather it not because this causes all kinds of problems when using the trick play functions. Any ideas here?

· Legend
241 Posts
Brantel said:
I have a problem with keys repeating themselves like key bounce or something similar. Sometimes I press a number key once and I get two or three numbers instead of just one.

I have the HR20-700 entered as my device. I have tried changing the delay (the 0 to 5 setting) and the inter-key delay and these seem to have no effect on this issue. They do something but I am not sure what benefit they have with this issue. If I have anything other than the defaults, I cannot get the double press skip to tick, skip to end, skip to beginning thing to work.

Do any of you have this problem?

Also, sometimes my HR-20 will respond multiple times to holding a key down and sometimes it wont. I would rather it not because this causes all kinds of problems when using the trick play functions. Any ideas here?
Try this:

Go into the Device options page for the device in question and go into Troubleshoot. On the first screen, select "Show me more problems" and click Next. On the second screen, select "<device> doesn't appear to receive every command correctly" and click Next. On the third screen, select "The device responds too much to some commands (for example, volume up increases the volume too quickly)" and click Next. Now you're on a screen that allows you adjust the length of the IR signal being sent (I think that's what this does). Try setting this to 3. Update the remote and test it out. You may have to come back to this and try several different values before you get it just right, but this should do what you want.

· RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been there done that. It seems that is the number of repeats setting based on other forums and the help on Logitechs website. I think my unit is bad if you others are not having these problems. Bad keys or something.

· Cool Member
11 Posts
Im having the same issues with my Harmony.. its annoying at times, but I can live with it. I havent played around with any of the settings to try and fix it but if I go to far into a recorded program I just rewind or skip back...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.