DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AllStar
68 Posts
Absolutely still alive. I lost Without A Trace on channel 81 last night to a "partial" - very annoying.

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
I used the word supposedly because I am aware that folks are still finding the problem. I also knew that I would get "corrected" so that there would be some clear definition from people who have actually seen the problem.

I did find a partial in the history yesterday, but it was from a recording that was made last Tuesday (0xE3). In this case, I am also 100% sure of why it showed up as partial.

I have a Series Link for House set to record on the KTVU (MPEG4-SF Fox). I actually did not have KTVU listed as a channel on my Custom1 favorites (human error) even though it was set to record from that channel. The program showed up in the history as "partial" but is not listed in the list as recorded. I believe that this was an attempt by the software to "do the right thing." It wasn't what I wanted of course, but it's not clear to me how the program would know what I wanted when I made a mistake that caused this conflicting situation in the first place. The only right call would have been to keep the program (allowing me to delete if it was the wrong choice), but really there should be some safety mechanism to make sure that a Series Link channel cannot be removed from the lists without either (1) recording anyway or (2) flagging an error condition.

·
Icon
777 Posts
I'm beginning to have doubts as to whether or not these recording bugs are ever going to be fixed. The last two releases were supposed to have fixed them, yet they are still cropping up.

I was talking to a friend about the problems and he said we should call DTV and raise cain about this and get something as compensation (6 mos free premium or something along those lines) for being, in effect, beta testers. This is STILL not release quality software.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
dervari said:
I'm beginning to have doubts as to whether or not these recording bugs are ever going to be fixed. The last two releases were supposed to have fixed them, yet they are still cropping up.
As I understand it the Partial bug is also alive on the R15 too. Scary eh.

I just had another partial today.

·
Icon
650 Posts
I had a partial for Las Vegas on Friday night but at least my ST games did not get deleted!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.