DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AllStar
403 Posts
Hey VOS-

Using your setup above (mine is similar) as an example, and trying to also "idiot proof" to avoid "smoking" a reciever, would it be possible to have the PI on it's own coax running to the SWiM(that's the 4 way green splitter, right?) port that takes the power (port 1, IIRC). Then from the other 3 ports, run my coax to my boxes?

I currently have 3 HR2x's, and I am considering getting an H25 for the bedroom. Currently, the PI is run "inline" with the coax to my HR24 in the living room. The PI is behind our entertainment center, and causes the EC to stick out from the wall a good 4 inches. So I would like to move the PI to my basement (where I have several "empty" coax runs), and I would also like to prevent the possibility of "smoking" a receiver. So, to get to my point: Does taking the PI "out of line" from my receiver and giving it its own "dedicated" coax to port 1 eliminate that possibility, and will everything still work?

·
AllStar
403 Posts
veryoldschool said:
Remember to use a termination on the IRD port, since it still has RF there.
Do you mean terminate "the other side" of the PI/the female coax connecter that currently goes to my receiver? Otherwise, I'm not sure I know what you mean.

Thanks for the great knowledge you and everyone here has!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.