DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
kla52 said:
I am VERY upset with the programming jumping ahead to real time, or jumping ahead 15 minutes, when I press once on the 30 second slip button on the TiVo remote. I am a football fan, and frankly anyone who is a sports fan who DOESN'T like to know the result ahead of time--is there anyone who does--has to be upset if they are having these same type of problems. This is my worst nightmare come true. For the NFL playoffs, to be safe, I have to go through the commercials using the slowest fastforwarding Tivo option, and I dare not use the 30 second slip. This is very tedious and slow. In addition to the 30 second slip issue, I also am having 15 to 30 minute skips that I don't want when I go in the middle fastforwarding TiVo option. Even on recordings of games that are not that long (say a 4 hour recording). This too is my worst nightmare as a sports fan. It happened "occasionally" on my old SD R10 box, but it has happened repeatedly in a short time span with the THR22 (with a hard drive that is only 25% full, and with programs recorded that are as short as 1 hour).

It is so bad, I am thinking of using my HR24 (gotten at same time as new THR22) for the football games. Please, Directv, work with TiVo and fix these issues. Directv touts itself as having the most sports programming. That is why people like me have Directv--no one else has NFL Sunday Ticket.

Using the THR22 for sports, at least until bugs are fixed, means forwarding through each long commercial break at horse buggy speed.

Also, once I think I just leaned on the 30 second slip button with the remote beside me, and it "slipped" to the end of the show.
If you press slip while FF is going on you're telling to to jump to the next hash mark. If you're not FFing while this happens then report it in the bugs thread.

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
kla52 said:
No, I am not pressing the 30 second slip button while FF is going on. I'm well aware of that feature and that behavior. I didn't know there was a bugs thread. I'll look for it, but if you know the thread name, please provide. Thanks.

I noticed you didn't comment on the same problem with the 2nd FF speed. Has anyone experienced that?
I don't have a TiVo so I can't comment on it. I just mentioned the functionality of FF and 30 sec button at the same time. I think some providers have it where if you push that button it kills the FF and then just jumps once.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.