DBSTalk Forum banner

Tim Tebow a Jet!

5K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  cygnusloop 
#1 ·
The NJ Jets have acquired Tim Tebow. Being a Jets' fan has just gotten even worse than usual...or has it? From what I've been reading, the Jets just want to use him for wildcat situations and things like that. Yeah. Well, it should make for an interesting season. Wonder how long it will take Tim to replace Sanchez?

Rich

#4 ·
I'd say Denver got more than they probably expected in return (4th and 6th round picks.) If the Jets can change his mindset about playing other positions (TE, RB, H-Back, etc) then I think he can be valuable. Except for special packages he's not, and never has been, an NFL QB...

#7 ·
College was Tebow's glory days. His versatility as an all purpose NFL QB is doubtful. Sometime nice guys don't get the prom queen. Tebow is not comfortable in his NFL role. Like a special teams player T is a useful asset. I do not believe we will ever see him among the great NFL QB's.

#10 ·
Maybe not...

They are reporting just now on the radio, there may be some language in the Contracts that may not allow this trade/deal to go through.

#11 ·
dsw2112 said:
I'd say Denver got more than they probably expected in return (4th and 6th round picks.) If the Jets can change his mindset about playing other positions (TE, RB, H-Back, etc) then I think he can be valuable. Except for special packages he's not, and never has been, an NFL QB...
Be glad you don't have to watch Sanchez every week. Last year I swear the team and the head coach gave up on him. How else to explain last season?

Rich

#12 ·
Herdfan said:
I sort of feel sorry for Sanchez right now. A bad game or two and the Tebow chants will begin. And it's not like the Jets fans are quiet or anything.
I can't wait for the season to begin. Haven't got the foggiest idea what will happen, but this season should be a beaut.

Rich

#14 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Maybe not...

They are reporting just now on the radio, there may be some language in the Contracts that may not allow this trade/deal to go through.
Looks like a $5 million snag....
Tebow has about $5 million worth of recapture language in his contract, meaning the Jets would have to pay back some money to Denver, and the Jets might be unwilling to do that.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...trade-hits-snag-contract-language-source-says

#16 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Maybe not...

Just read the latest from the Daily News. Seems he might be due five million dollars if he signs with the Jets. Maybe Woody will open the purse up. He doesn't seem to spend money very freely, tho.

Tebow also has a contract that pays him almost ten million a year. I think he has three years remaining. Lot of money for a part time player...or will he be a part time player? I really think Ryan has had it with Sanchez.

Rich

#17 ·
JACKIEGAGA said:
I dont understand the Jets thinking is Tebow going to be the starter, or going to lead the wildcat offense for like 5-7 plays a game?
I always wonder what the Jets are thinking. I've given up trying to figure out what they are doing.

Rich

#23 ·
I'm in the minority of Denver fans that are not on the Tebow bus. The problem that I have with him is that he can make a decision on where to throw the ball. Just look at when they played the patriots. Manning is the best thing that has happened to denver in a long time. And I personally feel that Tebow would be a good fit for the jets because I'm sure that the fans and players will welcome him with open arms.

#26 ·
kiknwing said:
I'm in the minority of Denver fans that are not on the Tebow bus. The problem that I have with him is that he can make a decision on where to throw the ball. Just look at when they played the patriots. Manning is the best thing that has happened to denver in a long time. And I personally feel that Tebow would be a good fit for the jets because I'm sure that the fans and players will welcome him with open arms.
Players not happy.

Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.