DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two R15's, one is running 10E8, the other 10F1.

I stumbled onto the following time bar irregularity this morning, and it is working exactly the same (wrong) on both R15's, so it does not appear to be dependent on the latest software release.

If I am tuned to a channel that has a very long entry in the guide, such as CNN Headline News that goes for four hours (7 am to 11 am), the time bar shows that entire block of time - all four hours, and I am not able to reliably use trick play - I can't pause or rewind or skip back.

I then changed channels to programs that ran for 30 minutes or an hour, and trick play worked correctly.

I then went back to Headline News, and the problem was there again.

I recall seeing a post a week or two ago from someone who commented on having the multiple hour time bar. I don't recall what, if anything, came out of that.

Carl

·
Godfather
385 Posts
carl6 said:
...If I am tuned to a channel that has a very long entry in the guide, such as CNN Headline News that goes for four hours (7 am to 11 am), the time bar shows that entire block of time - all four hours, and I am not able to reliably use trick play - I can't pause or rewind or skip back...Carl
OK, I know XM is not exactly CNN, but it does have a long (4 hour) entry in the guide, and if you press the "Play" button, the time bar shows 3:00 to 7:00. I was "listening" to Ch 802 (XM 50's). El Paso, by Marty Robbins, was playing. This was at about 6:02 this evening. I pressed "<<1", and, after a bit, it suddenly jumped back to 5:47pm. I pressed "Play", and then "advance-to-the-end", which it did successfully. Then, I tried the jumpback-6-seconds button. It did that OK, too (I heard the same part of the lyrics repeated).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.