DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I don't know any tags. Searched here but couldn't find the answer. Finally, I don't know how to tell which box I have but it's 1-2 years old.

My problem is, usually after a storm, shows SEEM to start 10 minutes early and the time indication has a gap on the bar at the bottom of the screen (don't know the lingo either). That is when watching a a live program and want to go backwards/forward, the recorded time on the bar is often 10-20 minutes behind. As an example, if I'm watching a live show and the current time is 8:00. The show starts on time, but the bar shows it started at 7:48. If I back the show up, the indicator on the bar will show the current time, but "skip" those most recent 12 minutes while backing up. When going forward to get to the current time, the indicator will move along the bar until it gets to 12 minutes behind (the difference between 7:48 and 8:00), and skip instantly to current time.

AFAIK, this only happens during storms. The house, DTV box do not lose power. Doesn't have to be a thunder storm. Only way I've found to get the box to match to 'current' time is reset the box. What is wrong with the box and how do I correct it?

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
Look for the model number either inside the access card door or underneath the receiver. Post back with the model number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.