DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Intresting article.

I can see Time Warner getting ticked, about the not being able to see the local teams... As NFL does re-contract with a local affiliate to carry the game.

But it is "possible" that for those games, the local affiliate is not carrying it.
I don't live in those markets, so I can't check for myself.

As for the "better signal"... I don't think they specificially said "Better Then Time Warner"... just used the generic "cable-company"...

No different then Comcast in this area saying they are better then DirecTV because of "weather" concerns... Just your typical advertising stuff.

There probably just really bent, that they didn't get Congress to go the way they wanted to regarding the NFL network, so now they are to plan B.

· Banned
4,642 Posts
NFL Network isn't carried on all Cable Cos. I'm not sure of the percentage but our family had discussions over Thanksgiving that most of them (back east cable viewers) can't get NFL Network. Unless DTV specifically mentioned TW I don't see how there's a suit.

· Legend
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
As for the "better signal"... I don't think they specificially said "Better Then Time Warner"... just used the generic "cable-company"...

No different then Comcast in this area saying they are better then DirecTV because of "weather" concerns... Just your typical advertising stuff.
To be fair. Direct TV does say, "Better signal than cable," but then they show package prices that are in SD only. They promote the whole HD 1080i concept than show a SD price. That really isn't comparing apples to apples.

· Legend
182 Posts
I don't think that Time Warner is going to get anywhere with this...it's just typical competition between companies to see who can get business...to me it sounds like Time Warner is against capitalism...

· Hall Of Fame
2,017 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Intresting article.

I can see Time Warner getting ticked, about the not being able to see the local teams... As NFL does re-contract with a local affiliate to carry the game.

But it is "possible" that for those games, the local affiliate is not carrying it.
I don't live in those markets, so I can't check for myself.
FWIW, I saw the ad here before the Bengals were going to play on NFL Network on Thursday, but the game was carried on the local NBC station. But I'm not sure if the ad said cable subscribers wouldn't be able to watch the Bengals game (obviously untrue) of if it said they wouldn't be able to watch the Thurs. NFL Network games (which is true).

· Icon
3,691 Posts
Ha that's funny. I think the jessica simpson ad said "for picture quality that beats "cable" ..get directv" and than I think because of this they changed the ad to "for an hd picture that can't be beat get directv".

I personaly love the ad. It has nothing to do with the nfl network. Time warner is crazy.

· Icon
3,691 Posts
And on the star trek one william shatner says "settiling 4 "cable" would be illogical" so they were just saying cable in general it did not specify cox, comcast, cablevision, or time warner, the ads simply say "cable".

More proof that time warner is dumb

· Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Never mind me... I am jest posting hear be cause some thing is getting in my hare :)

Public service announcement
Then = not now
Than = comparison: better this than that.

· Registered
4,880 Posts
TNGTony said:
Never mind me... I am jest posting hear be cause some thing is getting in my hare :)

Public service announcement
Then = not now
Than = comparison: better this than that.
!rolling

I am glad to see I'm not the only one who is bothered by those type of mistakes

· Icon
3,691 Posts
ok so i had a spelling error you got me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.