DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

Was wondering if anyone who has a TIVO is beginning to see the new HD channels that are scheduled to go live on Thursday appearing as of yet?

Also, was wondering if anyone had any insight if they have a complete listing of any additional national HD channels, other than what was in the PR that was announced, that we would see. If not, that's fine, we'll wait patiently then. :)

:)

Thanks so much!

·
Lifetime Achiever
10,839 Posts
Jon J said:
It is my understanding that all the new channels are MPEG4 and therefore will not be available to the HR10-250.
The HD TiVo will not be able to receive the new HD channels but I believe the OP poster may be wondering if the channels are showing in the guide. For some reason even though the HD TiVo can not receive the new HD channels they started showing up in the guide before they started broadcasting from D10. I am not sure if that will happen again or not.

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Michael D'Angelo;1728074 said:
The HD TiVo will not be able to receive the new HD channels but I believe the OP poster may be wondering if the channels are showing in the guide. For some reason even though the HD TiVo can not receive the new HD channels they started showing up in the guide before they started broadcasting from D10. I am not sure if that will happen again or not.
Exactly! :)

I knew that when D10 launched and the HD channels were getting ready to launch some folks were able to see then HD channels appear in their TIVO lineup/channel listings, something like that.

I was just wondering if anyone has seen that yet, I thought it may be a bit early but never hurts to ask.

Thanks all. :) :) :)

·
Chancellor
9,094 Posts
xxx said:
Was wondering if anyone who has a TIVO is beginning to see the new HD channels that are scheduled to go live on Thursday appearing as of yet?
I checked it this morning... and still no sign. Believe it or not, they have yet to HDNet Movies on 552, HDNet on 306, or the East Coast HD-DNS in the 390s yet, so I don't know if we'll get lucky this time around yet.

~Alan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.