DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 10 year old son with Down's Syndrome. He's had Tivo in his room for over 3 years and can manipulate it very well with the remote. He doesn't speak many words and certainly cannot read, but he can find his favorite shows with no problem. He rewinds and skips, changes the volume, but doesn't usually change channels.

I'm working towards getting all receivers in the house set to HR20/21s. His machine and the one in my office are the last two tivos to go (Tivo to Go, where've I heard that?).

I'd like to wean him off of Tivo and into the new interface. I have an R15 that I can put in there, but I'd want to run it off of the Tivo Peanut to keep him familiar with which buttons do what...

Is this possible???

·
AllStar
93 Posts
MikeW said:
I've got a 10 year old son with Down's Syndrome. He's had Tivo in his room for over 3 years and can manipulate it very well with the remote. He doesn't speak many words and certainly cannot read, but he can find his favorite shows with no problem. He rewinds and skips, changes the volume, but doesn't usually change channels.

I'm working towards getting all receivers in the house set to HR20/21s. His machine and the one in my office are the last two tivos to go (Tivo to Go, where've I heard that?).

I'd like to wean him off of Tivo and into the new interface. I have an R15 that I can put in there, but I'd want to run it off of the Tivo Peanut to keep him familiar with which buttons do what...

Is this possible???
unfortunately it isn't possible.

·
Banned
12 Posts
the white univeral remote will work tivo, but tivo remote will not work anything other then a DTV tivo of anykind. code for white remote to control tivo is 01442

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.