DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Legend
101 Posts
I can speak from experience, since I do own a DirecTiVo as well as a stand alone Tivo. I also used to use a Dishplayer.

You say that D-Tivos don't have 30 second skip. That's interesting since I was using the 30 second skip on mine just a few minutes ago. Also D-TiVos have an over compensation feature when you use 3x FF & RW that jumps back automatically when you push play. You can skip thru a block of commercials in about 3 seconds.

BTW, you can record from the program guide, I do it all of the time. Also you can turn off the record suggestions so it doesn't fill up the hard drive. They also have an instant record button on the remotes too.

As for PIP who needs it. Since I can record from two channels at the same time, & watch something I recorded who needs PIP. Besides how hard is it to flip between the two tuners, when watching live TV. Granted UTV also has dual tuners, & can do the same thing. I'm surprized that anyone still uses PIP.

As far as access to Web TV I have it with a stand alone Plus box, it works better, & has PIP too. Most people who buy DVRs don't buy them to surf the web. They buy them for the great recording features, along with the neat trick plays that hard drive recorders can do.

Don't forget D-Tivos also have Wishlists, Season Passes, & can do program searches, by title, actors, directors, & subject, to say the least. It also can tell when a program has changed time or day, & it will still record it. You can also set up a Wish List, & when that program or movie appears on the program guide it will remember to record it for you.

Trying to compare a DirecTivo with Ultimate TV is like trying to compare apples to oranges. Similar but not alike.

Now, I'm not knocking anyone who has purchased, or has Ultimate TV. I'm also not saying that one is better than the other. Everyone chooses the type of DVR they buy, & use depending on many factors, which usually is based on what they plan on using it for. I personally prefer Tivo units over Microsoft units probably due to my bad experiences with Microsoft's & Echostar's bungling of the Dishplayer. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.