DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Setting up my HR34, and or course there are some shows that aren't currently airing that I want to setup a SL for. On the Tivo, I'd setup a wishlist, but how do I do this on the HR34? For instance, I want to have it auto-record "Ugly Americans" on Comedy Central. How would I set this up?

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
This should do it. Someone will come behind me and correct me it I got it wrong. :)

Do a Search for Ugly Americans CCHAN 349

It will return no results, but will give you an option to Autorecord that search string. Select AutoRecord, then Record All and you will be good to go.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,058 Posts
Possibly...

1st off CC is 249, so that previous search has a typo

use UGLY AMERICANS CCHAN249

for the other try this:

AANY MARRIED SIMPSONS CLEVELAND DAD GUY TTITLE

Generically I use this for lots of series:

AANY keyword keyword keyword TTITLE CCHANxxx

You can do this for any shows you want...I do it for lots of shows, usually organizing 3-4 shows when possible for specific channels like this:

AANY FRINGE HOUSE BONES CODE TTITLE CCHAN47-1(which is my local fox station OTA)

I use the TTITLE qualifier to get rid of matches that could be in the descriptions of shows...always try to pick the shortest most unique word from a show title to help eliminate unwanted matches. My Series Manager is made up mostly of these types of searches to get around the 50 SL limit....it works pretty well, but you ocassionally get a few unwanted matches and a few more repeats scheduled to record but I would rather have a few too many matches than it not recording something it should.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.