DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:nono2: Have any of you actually received better, faster service from DTV? I've been with DTV from the very start and when I had a new install of the HR20 I had a small problem and logged over 3 hours on the phone with more than 20 CSRs. All of them started off with,"I see that you are one of our 'A' list customers". It went downhill from that point. Their service seems to be worse than ever and you can never get back to the CSR that you originally spoke to, even though you have their ID number.Every time I got a new CSR or supervisor I had to tell my problem all over again:nono2:, not to mention the disconnects. But I did learn a new phrase: "A Warm Hold"--the CSR keeps you on their own hold while they contact another CSR/supervisor! Any comments?

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
I think I have.

When I have called over the last couple weeks, I get through the initial prompts... "A list customer" message, and then I get to a person.... rarely hold.

· Banned
4,253 Posts
I used to call Retention's # directly because they are a smarter bunch of people, I always told them that too...... Now I have to deal with the idiots at the front desk....... and I didn't ask for free stuff, just help with R15 problems.....

· Legend
197 Posts
How do you find out your an "A" list customer? Do you ask... Or do they tell you?
Just wondering...

9 Posts
I, too, have been with them since the beginning and have had similar experiences. Most recently, I was having difficulty with ESPN HD and two other HD channels. Given my status with them, they did provide me with a free service call, which I do appreciate. The techncian replaced the triple LNB and that seems to have corrected the pixelation/audio dropouts I was experiencing but, when I turned on another TV early in the evening, there was no sat signal on the R15. I called D who hooked me up directly with the local service provider who said that the technician was in the middle of another service call but would get back to me within thirty minutes to correct the problem, which did not happen. The next day, I called again and in the late afternoon, the same technician returned. I accompanied him to the roof where he simply replaced two of the older connectors, which corrected the problem. I then asked him about watching and recording at the same time on the R15, which only had one cable connected. He said he could add a diplexer and that would enable without running another cable. In short, that worked intermittantly at best, started to get "searching for satellite signal" while I was watching a program. I then removed the diplexer and all appears to be normal.

Given this experience, coupled with others in the not too distant past, I've begun to investigate whether or not it would make sense to drop DTV and move to Dish. They have comparable pricing and about 22 HD channels. Any opinions would be appreciated.

· Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Is the retention number no longer working?

dodge boy said:
I used to call Retention's # directly because they are a smarter bunch of people, I always told them that too...... Now I have to deal with the idiots at the front desk....... and I didn't ask for free stuff, just help with R15 problems.....

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Mixer said:
Is the retention number no longer working?
Correct.

About two weeks+ ago, they change the dial direct numbers.
You now HAVE to go through the first tier, unless you already have any they provided you an expiring PIN code, to get direct access to the other departments.

· Cool Member
17 Posts
The last 2 times I called I didn't get my alleged "A" experience. I called a few weeks ago to add ESPN Full Court and it took about 20 minutes, the rep seemed genuinely confused. I recall the first thought at the time was, "Wow, if this is what an A lister gets, I'd hate to see what others may get for service."

· Hall Of Fame
1,095 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
I think I have.

When I have called over the last couple weeks, I get through the initial prompts... "A list customer" message, and then I get to a person.... rarely hold.
That is because you are "Earl The Great" ;)

· Godfather
260 Posts
I have called them maybe a total of 10 times in the 8 years that I have been with them and have never had much of a wait and the service has been much better than I ever experienced with a cable company.

· Legend
192 Posts
George_T said:
I'm an A-List, and have called customer service on several occasions. Rarely have to wait for assistance more than 1-2 minutes. Never have had any problems.
Seems like they make a point to tell you you are every time you call if you are. Also there is a message about it on directv.com when you log in.

· Supreme Member
8,847 Posts
Their new conversant phone system sucks. As one of their "A" list customers, I used to not mind calling DirecTV on this "special" number they mailed me, then having my home # from which I was calling recognized by the system, then offering me a few easy choices and an eventual live human being.

Now it's a joke. When I call, I'm asked to say my home phone number. Then I'm asked to say my account number--why? the system always "knew" that before?--then after being told I'm one of their "A" list customers--uh, huh--I get these confusing prompts, then, believe it or not, I have to give my home phone # again. Every time I call I tell the CSR this exactly: "Your new phone response system sucks! You are turning me off with it."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.