DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Legend
285 Posts
Does anyone know if DirecTV will be carrying the XM holiday channels? I'm especially interested in the Chanukkah channel that XM will have on 108 from Dec 15 to Dec 23 only.

·
Banned
614 Posts
Wish DirecTV had Sirius, rather listen to Howard Stern.

·
Legend
101 Posts
cybrsurfer said:
Wish DirecTV had Sirius, rather listen to Howard Stern.
Howard Stern is for adolescents. I can't believe that people actually pay $12.99/mo just for that idiot. The funny thing is that he claims he went to sat for "free speech." I dunno, but $12.99/mo don't sound too free to me. :grin:

Even if D* did carry Sirius, they wouldn't broadcast Howard anyway, E* doesn't.

No offense, you're a Pats fan afterall. :D

--Mike

·
Banned
614 Posts
greenie95125 said:
Howard Stern is for adolescents. I can't believe that people actually pay $12.99/mo just for that idiot. The funny thing is that he claims he went to sat for "free speech." I dunno, but $12.99/mo don't sound too free to me. :grin:

Even if D* did carry Sirius, they wouldn't broadcast Howard anyway, E* doesn't.

No offense, you're a Pats fan afterall. :D

--Mike
:lol:

·
Legend
101 Posts
pez2002 said:
I remember waking up that day
turning on the 800s and seeing xms Channels I could not wait to get home that day and Play around with the Directv

Fast foward a year later Im a Sub of xm:)
I sub to XM every year for 6 months, then cancel. I have it in my boat, and only have it for Red Sox broadcasts. :D When their season is over, I cancel, because boating season is generally over as well. Come April, I sign up again... the 10$ re-connect charge is far less than $12.99 x 5 or 6, and listen to the Sox again while boating.

If I'm home during a broadcast... well that's why I have D* and Extra Innings. :D

--Mike

·
Super Moderator
12,887 Posts
One year of XM on D*, and so far I have listened to maybe 3 minutes tops. That averages out to 0.0000057 minutes per day. Just about right.

I don't subscribe to Sirius or XM to watch TV, and I don't subscribe to D* to listen to the radio.

Carl

·
Hall Of Fame
12,971 Posts
greenie95125 said:
I sub to XM every year for 6 months, then cancel. I have it in my boat, and only have it for Red Sox broadcasts. :D When their season is over, I cancel,
Red Sox season in 2007: April, May, June, July, August....

Five months. You can save another 12 bucks!

;)

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
A year later, are the song titles 100% correct, is the audio level steady yet? What a blunder that was when XM first debuted. Sometimes I do wish I had access to a few of the channels on DirecTV that are not on the satellites on XM, but in the end I'd rather have Music Choice.

·
Mentor
40 Posts
Well, my wife loved the old music stations, and I listened to them fairly often. After the XM change, we both started listening to FM again there just wasn't someting right about the XM stations. I think now, she is turning on XM for our little girl, and we will probably be trying out the Christmas XM music.

·
Godfather
472 Posts
The XM Christmas channels got us turned on to XM last year, to the extent that we treated ourselves to an XM receiver as a Christmas present. One year later, I still listen to XM, both through the receiver and on the PC (we just got Verizon FIOS recently opening a whole new world of streaming media.) I occasionally listen to XM on television, mainly when I work late, there isn't anything to watch and I am still too keyed up to go to bed. In that case I tune in a music channel and grab a book.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.