DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
direct tv is supposed to install tomorrow from 1 to 5 pm. anything I should be aware of things I should look out for etc also do installer bring the extra support braces with them for the big dish or do you have to request them I live in a windy erea. and I want to make sure its not waving to the neigbors.
Shawn

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
If you're getting a H20 or HR20 and have HDMI input on your TV D* is supposed to supply the HDMI cable. If the installer doesn't have it ***** back to the CSR's.

·
Icon
692 Posts
I didn't get an HDMI cable... But then again I have a Mitsu big screen with some kind of propritary HDMI that only works with other Mitsu hardware.. My installer didn't even have a spool of coax with him and had to scrounge for connectors. Also someone dropped off my HR20 then left and another tech installed it all.

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
RAD said:
If you're getting a H20 or HR20 and have HDMI input on your TV D* is supposed to supply the HDMI cable. If the installer doesn't have it ***** back to the CSR's.
Really?? I specifically asked the installer that last night and was told they do not provide the HDMI cable!! :(

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
slh66 said:
direct tv is supposed to install tomorrow from 1 to 5 pm. anything I should be aware of things I should look out for etc also do installer bring the extra support braces with them for the big dish or do you have to request them I live in a windy erea. and I want to make sure its not waving to the neigbors.
Shawn
I had mine installed last night, the installer did put up a support brace.

·
Mentor
40 Posts
Warbird2 said:
I had mine installed last night, the installer did put up a support brace.
I have the 3-lnb dish mounted on the eave of my garage roof. My question is does the new slimline dish require the support brace? My dish has never had any sway/wind issues for over 3 years.

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
whsbuss said:
I have the 3-lnb dish mounted on the eave of my garage roof. My question is does the new slimline dish require the support brace? My dish has never had any sway/wind issues for over 3 years.
When you see the new dish, you will probably WANT the support brace. It's pretty good size...

·
Mentor
40 Posts
Warbird2 said:
When you see the new dish, you will probably WANT the support brace. It's pretty good size...
That may be true. But to place a support brace would mean holes on my garage roof. That's not going to happen! This is the only issue holding me back from upgrading. I guess when D* decides all HD will be MPEG4 I'll have to make a decision of staying or moving to cable/FiOS. I already get locals OTA.

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Warbird2 said:
Really?? I specifically asked the installer that last night and was told they do not provide the HDMI cable!! :(
For awhile, D* was broadcasting in the clear the HR20 training/installation video. In the video they say that they are to install the HR20 using the best connection method available, HDMI then component, then s-video, then composit, and they are to supply the cable even though the HR20 doesn't ship with one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.