DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Icon
Joined
·
600 Posts
My 4 and 6 year olds should be into some of this stuff also. Although I have to limit their exposure to the beat 'em up action shows.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
725 Posts
I miss Walt Disney. He knew how to create programming 6 year olds to 60 year olds can enjoy at the same time. When Toon Disney first started I was VERY excited with hopes to see some classic Disney animation. But we see where Toon Disney has taken us. It's mostly Jetix which isn't even Disney. Disney seems to have abandoned it's history at least when it comes to television and that is very sad IMO. Walt would not even recognize Disney television today and he certainly would not have approved of it. The only true Disney left is inside the theme parks, and DVD. It's certainly not on TV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
kocuba said:
My 4 and 6 year olds should be into some of this stuff also.
I'm hitting that fringe zone now. I've a 5.5 yr old and an 8.5yr old. Since I limit their viewing time, they sometimes disagree on what they want 2 watch. (pbskids vs nick jr vs toondisney, etc)
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
27 Posts
MLBurks said:
I miss Walt Disney. He knew how to create programming 6 year olds to 60 year olds can enjoy at the same time. When Toon Disney first started I was VERY excited with hopes to see some classic Disney animation. But we see where Toon Disney has taken us. It's mostly Jetix which isn't even Disney. Disney seems to have abandoned it's history at least when it comes to television and that is very sad IMO. Walt would not even recognize Disney television today and he certainly would not have approved of it. The only true Disney left is inside the theme parks, and DVD. It's certainly not on TV.
Wouldn't it be great if Disney launched a Nostalgia channel? I think there would be great appeal for all us baby boomers and the Disney library could provide thousands of hours of entertainment
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
DENZO said:
Wouldn't it be great if Disney launched a Nostalgia channel? I think there would be great appeal for all us baby boomers and the Disney library could provide thousands of hours of entertainment
I'd love it but a company as embroiled in copyright as disney is likely to be afraid the wont be able to get clear license for all those perfomaces and would have to renegotiate.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
419 Posts
kocuba said:
My 4 and 6 year olds should be into some of this stuff also. Although I have to limit their exposure to the beat 'em up action shows.
There shouldn't be too many beat 'em up action shows. I don't know what kind of old shows they'll be rerunning, but the new programming is mostly of the action/comedy variety that (hopefully) your kids will really like.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,498 Posts
It's about time they rebranded the channel, although I thought it would have been called just Jetix. I used to enjoy watching reruns of Goof Troop and Duck Tales on Toon Disney. When I was a kid I used to watch them with my grandfather on WPIX, brought back some great memories.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
dcowboy7 said:
what does "xd" stand for ?
I have no idea, but if I were a betting man I'd bet on "xtreme disney" (though that might be redundant.)
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
725 Posts
rahlquist said:
I'd love it but a company as embroiled in copyright as disney is likely to be afraid the wont be able to get clear license for all those perfomaces and would have to renegotiate.
I'm not sure what you are talking about. All the classic Disney programs from Steamboat Willy to Toy Story and beyond (sorry:) ) is owned by the Walt Disney Company. Is it not? Why would Disney have a hard time airing its own content?
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
MLBurks said:
I'm not sure what you are talking about. All the classic Disney programs from Steamboat Willy to Toy Story and beyond (sorry:) ) is owned by the Walt Disney Company. Is it not? Why would Disney have a hard time airing its own content?
Remember the writers strike? Part of what the strike was about was 'new media' rights and how they weren't covered in old contracts. There may be concerns about any past performance as well. There were several bands that sued either their labels or the RIAA after their songs were released to be sold over Itunes because their decades old contracts had no provisos for compensating the band for mp3 songs explicitly and they were not getting paid properly. Just thinking out loud.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
798 Posts
DENZO said:
Wouldn't it be great if Disney launched a Nostalgia channel? I think there would be great appeal for all us baby boomers and the Disney library could provide thousands of hours of entertainment
that would be awesome, or how about a demand channel with that
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top