• The Sarah Jane Adventures

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Should Sci-Fi Show them all in the USA

Votes: 6 46.2%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Godfather
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow what amazing New Years day for Doctor Who and Torchwood fans.

English civil war soldiers, fighting with modern Police , Roman centurians, Aliens.

First there was the new show The Sarah Jane Adventures. Then the final 2 episodes of Torchwood which were fantastic.

And without spoiling it to much for those who havent seen them yet, Roll on Doctor Who Season 3, Episode 11.

For those who have seen them mark the poll. Option 4 is just for fun.

· Hall Of Fame
4,351 Posts
I'll be hitting Usenet today for all that stuff. I watched the Robin Hood season finale over the weekend and I had mixed feelings about it - mostly good but it wasn't as good as earlier episodes.

· Hall Of Fame
4,351 Posts
Ok, now we have 3 'levels' of Doctor Who.

You've got the "normal" level - that's Doctor Who..

You've got the "far more 'adult' level" - that's Torchwood.

And now I've seen the younger-oriented "Sarah Jane Adventures".

Nice to see 'the tin dog' again :)

· Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt
5,262 Posts
Ok all. Spill the beans. How are you seeing these shows? Doctor Who is on the SciFi channel but what about the others?:scratchin

· Hall Of Fame
4,351 Posts
For the price of a movie channel on cable, I subscribe to one of the pay Usenet servers. Usenet is kind of like old BBS programs except that there are something like 80,000 different groups trading gigabytes of data daily.

There's a heirarchy to the groups. I find most of the BBC shows that I like in alt.binaries.multimedia and various subgroups off of that (like alt.binaries.doctor-who).

Now these groups are made for text only so there's a lot of encoding and decoding that goes on. I use Agent to access the newsgroups and WINRAR to decode the 'archives' posted there (think of an archive as if it were a multipart .ZIP file). For damaged archives, I use "Weapons of Mass Downloading" to repair them. This eventually result in a DivX-encoded file that I play through WIndows Media Player once I've added the DivX codec (www.divx.com)

I avoid Bittorrent clients like the plague because that's what the RIAA and MPAA are using to prosecute 12 year olds. It takes more work to do it via Usenet but it's safer.

· Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
I've been out of the country for the past couple of weeks, and just got to watch the final 2 Torchwoods and the first Sarah Jane last night. Wow...Loved both of them immensely. I was a little bummed that there wasn't a guest cameo at the end End of Days by David Tennent, but now really can't wait to see how season 3 of Dr. Who plays out! And Sarah Jane was just a whole lot of fun.

What are the start dates for Dr Who S3 and Sarah Jane?

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
crabtrp said:
When are these series coming to the US? Do we have to wait 9 months for the new series of Doctor Who?
All things considered, a 9 month delay isn't that bad. Consider that we just watched Season 2 on SciFi here in the US and Season 3 in the UK has not officially started yet (unless you count the Christmas episode as the beginning of the season which is probably a fair point).

So, if we wait until the end of Season 3 in UK that takes us out to close to the middle of the year anyway... so another couple or three months wait beyond that for syndication isn't so bad.

· Godfather
470 Posts
CoriBright said:
Do we have a date for Dr. Who 3 (in the UK) yet?
The website says Spring of 2007, the first season(the new Dr. Who) started on 3/26/05 and season 2 started on 4/15/06, I would suspect that season 3 will start around the same time period, somewhere around April of this year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.