DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Total Choice is no longer available. I think its just called Choice now. I also believe you need to call to deactivate a receiver.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
5,580 Posts
millertime said:
Can I downgrade to Total Choice? Can deactivate a receiver on line?
You don't say how long you have been a customer but from Total Choice and Choice you are probably out of any promotions so you should be able to downgrade. Be careful if you are still under any promotion you might also lose some benefits.
If you could downgrade receivers on line how could they try and save the potential lost income.:)
 

·
Beware the Attack Basset
Joined
·
24,427 Posts
As Ken984 points out, the answer to both questions is a no.

You cannot change/return to an retired package.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
374 Posts
Be careful, I just looked at DirecTV website because I also thought of changing from Choice Plus but I would lose FLIX, Outdoor, Sundance and YES. They now only show up on Premier! Bad for me since we have no interest in sports.
 

·
Éminence grise
Joined
·
8,473 Posts
mgavs said:
Be careful, I just looked at DirecTV website because I also thought of changing from Choice Plus but I would lose FLIX, Outdoor, Sundance and YES. They now only show up on Premier! Bad for me since we have no interest in sports.
Sundance isn't included in TC+, but you get it with any premium movie package. Flix isn't either, but is part of the Showtime package. YES is a RSN for areas around NYC. These show up as part of Premier because it includes all of the premium packages, including the Sports Pack.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
600 Posts
I current have TC+ Can anyone tell me what channels I will gain/lose going to Choice Xtra? Trying to determine if it is worth the $3 a month.
 

·
RIP
Joined
·
6,198 Posts
Ryan415689 said:
Total Choice.....$50.99 (expired pack) 155 channels.
Choice.....52.99 (pack that it replaced) 158 chanels.

Total choice plus....54.99 (expired pack) 185 channels.
Choice Xtra.....$57.99 (pack it replaced) 210 channels.

you can only get the expired packages as long as you have had them in the past and have not had them canceled for over 30 days.

Hope that helps.
I don't think that's correct. I can't think of the 25 channels difference between Total Choice Plus and Choice Xtra...Last time I looked Total Choice Plus (the old package) actually had one channel (Golf?) that Choice Xtra didn't.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,481 Posts
kocuba said:
I current have TC+ Can anyone tell me what channels I will gain/lose going to Choice Xtra? Trying to determine if it is worth the $3 a month.
you will gain:
Fox Business Channel
Gospel Music Channel
HD Theatre (IF you have HD)
HD Net (again if you have HD)
Ovation TV

You Lose
CBS College Sports
 

·
Éminence grise
Joined
·
8,473 Posts
curt8403 said:
you will gain:
Fox Business Channel
Gospel Music Channel
HD Theatre (IF you have HD)
HD Net (again if you have HD)
Ovation TV

You Lose
CBS College Sports
All of those are already included in Total Choice Plus. I think there are a few more which you would lose, but they are ones I never watch so don't know what they are.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
I have a grandfathered Total Choice (not PLUS) with HBO and STARZ! package.

I get everything currently in CHOICE and the following channels that are listed as being in the current CHOICE EXTRA package:

Chiller
Discovery Health
ESPN Classic
Fuel
Fox Reality
G4
Golf Channel
Oxygen
Sleuth
Speed Channel
Versus

CHOICE XTRA channels I don't get:

BET J
Fox Movie
Great American Country
History International
Investigative Discovery
Logo
Military Channel
NHL (may be because it's off season and not operating now?)
Ovation
Planet Green
Style
TVG
Tennis
Biography
VH1 Classic


The only CHOICE XTRA channel I really would like to get but don't is Fox Movie. This is especially irritating since it formerly was included.

I also get everything listed in the current FAMILY package with two exceptions:
DIY
Science
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
600 Posts
bobnielsen said:
It's $3/month more, not less so there is no advantage to switching.
Boy BOB thanks for that wonderful insight. :rolleyes:

Never said or thought that it was less. Was more interested in the channel differences between the two. Since you can no longer find a channel listing for TC+ I was hoping some might have that information handy before I started a the manual process of determining which channels I receive so I can compare that to Choice Xtra and determine for myself if there is any advantage to switching.

But thanks again for your useless post and your unsolicited commentary.
:nono2: :nono:
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,481 Posts
kocuba said:
Boy BOB thanks for that wonderful insight. :rolleyes:

Never said or thought that it was less. Was more interested in the channel differences between the two. Since you can no longer find a channel listing for TC+ I was hoping some might have that information handy before I started a the manual process of determining which channels I receive so I can compare that to Choice Xtra and determine for myself if there is any advantage to switching.

But thanks again for your useless post and your unsolicited commentary.
:nono2: :nono:
I would say that is a bit of an over reaction. Bob is normally very helpful, and does not deserve your post. I do hope that My post with the channel info was helpful.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
308 Posts
kocuba said:
Boy BOB thanks for that wonderful insight. :rolleyes:

Never said or thought that it was less. Was more interested in the channel differences between the two. Since you can no longer find a channel listing for TC+ I was hoping some might have that information handy before I started a the manual process of determining which channels I receive so I can compare that to Choice Xtra and determine for myself if there is any advantage to switching.

But thanks again for your useless post and your unsolicited commentary.
:nono2: :nono:
I couldn't find this online either, and spoke to a customer service rep about it a few days ago (not that they are always correct, but I have nothing online to compare). I have Total Choice Plus now, and was told that if I switch to Choice Extra that it is $3 more per month and that I would lose CBS College Sports - there are no channels gained. So, if what I was told by DTV is correct, it is more expensive and you lose programming and gain nothing.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
308 Posts
curt8403 said:
you will gain:
Fox Business Channel
Gospel Music Channel
HD Theatre (IF you have HD)
HD Net (again if you have HD)
Ovation TV

You Lose
CBS College Sports
In my Total Choice Plus package, I have Fox Business Channel, HD Theatre, and HD Net. Not sure about the Gospel Channel or Ovation TV - never heard of either and doubt I would ever watch them!
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top