DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mentor
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering why the TP4 signal level is so low. I'm in Syracuse, NY and only get 70-75 on a clear day on this TP. All other TPs are 95-105. With heavy cloud cover and a lot of rain like we've had the past few days, the signal on TP4 drops to 60-65, fortunately it remains locked.

Does anybody have information from Dish as to what's going on with this transponder? Will the power be increased soon?

I would think that somebody from Dish would notice this problem and rectify it. It needs more power, especially since they put ESPN2 on TP4!

John

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
Here on the reservation right outside DC I get a 95 reading on TP4. Most others are just over 100 but TP6 is about the same as 4.

·
Icon
643 Posts
My guess:

Suppose for a minute there is a weak transponder on E*7, for insurance purposes, they might need to "try everything" and verify low output before giving up on it and shifting to a backup.

·
8,308 Posts
How universal are tehse low readings?

·
DBSTalk E* Spot Beam Guru
443 Posts
My TP4 was in and out of lock all day today duing heavy cloud cover. Yesterday during a partly sunny sky it was in the Mid 60's. On a clear day it is 69-72. In contrast I am getting nearly all other TPs at 100+ (except TP5 which is acting like TP4, but since it is a spot TP it will be going away). TP12 is 120, several in the 110's.

·
8,308 Posts
I am curious as to what accounts for this variation. I have checked my reading s again and they are consistently 95 or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.