DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all -

I think I know the answer to this, but the installer claimed otherwise, and my wife would really like it to be possible.

Is there any way to transfer recordings from my old DirecTivo box to the HR20?

Thanks for any info.

- Scott

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
shankin said:
That's what I thought. Yes, I plan to hook the old box to the TV as well, and watch what's recorded.

Thanks for the amazingly quick response!

- Scott
We have the HR20 and an R10 both hooked up to our plasma, I use the former, my wife uses the latter (which is also connected to a DVD recorder, in case we want to keep anything of value. Though recording the SD feeds isn't the best in video dubbing).

So we have four lines from the multiswitch to our living room setup. My advice: Don't dump the R10 or whatever Directv model you are using) for now. It's worth the $5 a month or whatever if you have the lines for it. Or you can even run it on one line, but you have to get into setup to make that change.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure if I can do that, tstarn. The tech took down my old dish and replaced it with the HD dish (Slimline?) and connected that to the HR20. Are you saying I could somehow tap those lines for both units? Or would I have to remount the old dish?

·
Icon
828 Posts
shankin said:
I'm not sure if I can do that, tstarn. The tech took down my old dish and replaced it with the HD dish (Slimline?) and connected that to the HR20. Are you saying I could somehow tap those lines for both units? Or would I have to remount the old dish?
You can definitely use both the hr10 and hr20 using the 5 lnb antenna you now have. However, you will need four lines in order to fully utilize both machines.
When D* installed your hr20 and new dish, you were entitled to a "relocation" of your old hr10. This would have included the tech running the necessary cables to wherever you wanted the hr10 located, even if the "relocation" was in the same place you originally had it.

You could try calling D* and explaining that you were not aware that you could continue using your hr10 and see if they would have an installer come out and run the additional lines.

Good luck,
Rick

Remember, when it comes to audio/video, more is always better.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
rsblaski said:
You can definitely use both the hr10 and hr20 using the 5 lnb antenna you now have. However, you will need four lines in order to fully utilize both machines.
When D* installed your hr20 and new dish, you were entitled to a "relocation" of your old hr10. This would have included the tech running the necessary cables to wherever you wanted the hr10 located, even if the "relocation" was in the same place you originally had it.

You could try calling D* and explaining that you were not aware that you could continue using your hr10 and see if they would have an installer come out and run the additional lines.

Good luck,
Rick

Remember, when it comes to audio/video, more is always better.
yeah, what he said.

Also, I insisted D* donate a 6 x 8 multiswitch, and the installer, a good guy, said no problem, even though D* screwed up the order. We have 7 lines into the house altogether (three DVRs and an H20).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.