DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
denogail said:
Does anyone have a list of transponders versus channel numbers? I would like to know what transponder the locals are comming in on.
There is no way to find out. Access Card Distribution Team agents, the top tier in technical support, don't even have a way to find out.

About the only way to figure it out would be to get a really old receiver that doesn't change transponders when you test the signal strength, then just change channels to a local and check signal strength and see what transponder it's set to.

·
Super Moderator
12,887 Posts
This link has an accurate map for 101, and is updated daily.

http://www.dbsforums.com/tx_map.html

There are other sites that have some info for 110 and 119. So far no one has produced a map for the new 99 and 103 birds, however they are very new, and DirecTV is still in the process of shuffling stuff around on those satellites, so any map produced will be outdated fairly rapidly.

Carl

·
Hall Of Fame
6,724 Posts
Try tuning to one of your locals and then do a signal strength test. Most newer receivers will then display the TP for that channel. My HR10 does it.

·
Super Moderator
12,887 Posts
jdspencer said:
Try tuning to one of your locals and then do a signal strength test. Most newer receivers will then display the TP for that channel. My HR10 does it.
I think Tivo based products do that. The DirecTV branded equipment does not - it will always default to transponder 1.

Carl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.