DBSTalk Forum banner

Travel Channel

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  MLBurks 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard if DTV plans on giving us the Travel Channel in HD? Travel Ch keeps saying it's available but I haven't seen where DTV is going to carry it in HD.

#2 ·
They're saying "It's available...contact your carrier to ask for it", basically.

Since Dish Network is carrying Travel Channel HD, you can be DirecTV wants to get it up, too...probably in the first 1-2 groups of new HD's coming in the next few weeks.

My most anticipated channel, btw...can't wait for it!

#4 ·
Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations!
Come on DTV, we want our Travel Channel in HD please.

G
#6 ·
Casey21 said:
Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations!
Come on DTV, we want our Travel Channel in HD please.
My main interest is Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmern. The stuff he eats don't look that disgusting to me because it's still broadcasted in standard definition. Maybe when I see it in high definition, I'll see just how bizzare the food is? :)

Another Travel Channel host, Samantha Brown, didn't look so good in high definition when she appears on NBC's Today in high definition. I didn't realize that shw was quite "mature" until the HD program showed all her wrinkles.... :(

#8 ·
I can't wait for Travel Channel HD as well. The PQ on the regular version is lacking!

#11 ·
quietmouse said:
My main interest is Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmern. The stuff he eats don't look that disgusting to me because it's still broadcasted in standard definition. Maybe when I see it in high definition, I'll see just how bizzare the food is? :)

Another Travel Channel host, Samantha Brown, didn't look so good in high definition when she appears on NBC's Today in high definition. I didn't realize that shw was quite "mature" until the HD program showed all her wrinkles.... :(
I also love that show. Traveling in Mexico quite often I can totally relate to his awsome streetside vendor purchases. It's actually true that the smaller and crudier the restaurant I've been to out the the better the food. I LOVE trying new foods when I travel. The stranger the better and since we're also usually drinking plenty of tequila with our meals my culinary courage is amplified :D

Anyway - also love that show and would love to see it in HD.

#14 ·
My wife really wants this in HD, but then I'm gonna have to go through and re-do all her season passes.

She lives on the Samantha Brown shows...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.