DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been monitoring my hr20 since the last update and overall it's been stable (first time since I got it 4 months ago).

I have noticed that FF and Rew are less fluid, not more as some have reported, since the update. It seems there's a slight lag when I first start to FF or REW, and then it's jerky, causing more inaccuracies on guessing when to stop.

Looking for feedback on this.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Have you recently rebooted?

I have seen the hesitation when first starting, but after that... I haven't seen any difference in the video playback during trickplay.

·
Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Have you recently rebooted?

I have seen the hesitation when first starting, but after that... I haven't seen any difference in the video playback during trickplay.
I don't recall having RBR'd since the update, but I'll give it a try tonight and see if it smooths out.

·
Mentor
39 Posts
Well everything has been working great with the 10B, but the last couple of days when I try to rewind a live show on an HD local channel it freezes up, and the only way to get out of it is to switch channels. Anyone else have this?

·
Legend
176 Posts
I have noticed it too and I have RBR'd several times. I have stopped FFing through commercials because it is too hard to see where I am. RR does the same thing, I can hit the button and as soon as the image changes I am 15 minutes past where I want to be.

Overall I have found the trick plays to be more unstable after this last release. Jump to end jump to tick don't work either. I have 2 boxes and neither one is working.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Exact opposite situation here, I was just noticing - even prior to recent reboot - that trickplay is more fluid and less blocky.

·
Icon
609 Posts
I have seen this as well. I hit the skip back button 3 or 4 times the picture freeezes and a few seconds later it begins to play(Skipped back). 30 second slip (sometimes) does the same thing. I can live with it though.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
I've posted on this before, it's annoying. I was seeing it in previous versions, but I haven't seen any correllation between reboot and sluggishness, though.

I completely reset and reformatted my HR20 this morning, which seems to have cured the problems I was having with pausing. It also seems like the instant replay and skip forward are behaving a little better now as well. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

·
Legend
247 Posts
Same problem when I ff and rewind. I end up way past where I want to be in the ff .Sometimes Im not even close to the end of a recorded program and it just lurches too far foward and I get the delete/dont delete pop up. It definately isnt as good as it was previously

·
Legend
118 Posts
I was just playing back a recorded football game and was experiencing this again. Very annoying. I've been watching a lot of recorded games lately and FF through big chunks of them, and have been having this issue quite a bit. Tried rebooting with the red button but it didn't help.

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
DFWKDFE2000 said:
Well everything has been working great with the 10B, but the last couple of days when I try to rewind a live show on an HD local channel it freezes up, and the only way to get out of it is to switch channels. Anyone else have this?
I have been experiencing this problem as well. I restarted the HR-20 last night and that seemed to correct the issue but we'll see how long it lasts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.