DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was told by the rep on the phone that I would have to turn in one of my bought recvs (they wanted my 508) and that the 625 had to be professionaly installed. I told her that the dish n it up ofeer on the web says I can lease without a recvr upgrade and that it does not have to be installed, that it can be mailed to me. She said I was wrong which pissed me off. If the info is wrong it is E* website that was wrong. I pointed this out to her and she said that the offer was as she stated take it or leave it. Well I left it called back and another rep told me the samne thing. Any one else have the same encounter? Does the leased recvr need to be installed or can it be mailed?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
If someone were replacing a dual tuner 721 with a 625, they might let the user swap himself. It sounds like you wanted to ADD a 625 which would mean you'd need two more coax lines and two more connections to feed them with. If the 625 is going to change switches, LNBs, need added cables, they may insist on doing the install. But they'll have trouble driving to ********!

·
Hall Of Fame
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CAbill

Thanks for the response!

The wiring is not a problem for me as I have a DP quad on one dish feeding two recvrs (my 508 and my 301) I have a second dish with a SW21 feeding my 3900. I have 2 free lines on the quad already wired to my living room. It is just a matter of them mailing the 625 to me without giving up one of my other receivers. The Dish-n-it up promo on the web site says either upgrade an old recvr or get a new recvr and they have the mail to OR install options available. The CSR's are either unaware of the offer is no longer availble.

From the offer:

Our DISH'n It Up promotional offers allow you to get the latest in DISH Network technology!

As a valued customer, you can upgrade to a state-of-the-art receiver and pick cutting-edge technology like a Digital Video Recorder (DVR), High Definition (HD) programming, or an HD-DVR receiver for a low up-front price!

Not only does DISH Network offer you your choice of technology - you can also choose whether we ship the new receiver to you or come to your home and provide you with our standard professional installation. Plus, you pick whether you want to upgrade a receiver already on your account or add DISH Network in another room of your home.

Choose from the options below for prices starting as low as $49.00! Call 1-800-333-DISH to place your order today! Hurry - offer expires on January 31, 2007!

I tried to post a link to the offer but you have to logged in on your E* account to get to the page.

·
Legend
152 Posts
When I recently upgraded a 508 to a 625, I was given the option of mailing my 508 in for a whopping $10 credit. I never received the box from Dish in order to send the 508 back, so I still have it. For $10, I think I would probably keep it anyway.

·
Mentor
35 Posts
I called to take them up on this offer too and was told they can't ship it even though it clearly stated it was my choice to have it shipped or "professionally" installed. I told them to cancel my order because I didn't want anyone but myself drilling holes in my house.

"Not only does DISH Network offer you your choice of technology - you can also choose whether we ship the new receiver to you or come to your home and provide you with our standard professional installation. Plus, you pick whether you want to upgrade a receiver already on your account or add DISH Network in another room of your home. "

·
Icon
522 Posts
Can't ship is a silly statement.

They probably mean they don't have an option, in front of them, on their computer, to have it shipped to you.

You can try asking for the person's name and employee identification number, because you are writing a letter to your state's attorney general about the false advertising, and Dish will want to know which employee refused to honor Dish's advertisement.

They'll probably blow you off, casue they don't have any way (yet?) to have the unit sent to you. Or, they can simply put you on hold, and then hang up on you.

Bob

·
Godfather
256 Posts
ANYTHING can be shipped or done with an account or equipment; credited/refunded/processed/expedited/overnighted/etc. The only question when it comes up is is your account worth what it will cost? Most people assume because they spend $112.95 between equipment and programming each month that Charlie should come down from amon high and personally give them everything they demand. All of the above things CAN be done, but odds are if you think your account is that one special exception across 12.8 million customers that deserves it, you're wrong.

CSRs can't ship anything that their application tells them they can't, it's that simple. Can it be done? Yes, but that would require the call center to contact another department to do it, and then explain to that department why it's justified (and no, when I say the call center I'm talking about forwarding it to call center management, and call center management contacting management of another departmnet, not a CSR sending out an e-mail - that means at this point, you're beyond the CSR, beyond the CSRs boss, beyond the CSRs boss' boss.) And unlike the call center, "that" department, isn't concerned with a customer disconnecting over something petty. Especially when there are accounts that do far more than $112 a month. Besides, most customers threatening to quit or file suit are usually planning on it anyways, they're just looking for one more reason.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope those comments were not aimed at me. No where did I say I want something for nothing. I never threatened to cancel nor would I. I was not rude or otherwise a prick on the phone. I just wanted the offer from the web site. A leased 625 for two rooms mailed to me for 70.00. Nothing more and nothing less. I do not want an upgrade, I want to keep my other receivers and I do not want it installed. It really would not be an issued to me if THEY did not offer it the way they did on the web site.

·
Godfather
256 Posts
The response was to Robert's call to complaint, but nonetheless...

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
I'd have to agree with Robert in post #6 about the CSR really not being able to do anything themselves. If you are lucky enough to find one that understands you have two free ports on the Quad, THEY probably can't do anything to get it shipped to you. There is a pretty good chance you can get it to happen with an Email to CEO <at> Echostar.com. You wouldn't have to say much more than what you have here.

When I check Equipment online, it says I can add a 625 and have it shipped to me. Eventhough I use three tuners now, one is on a separate dish and I have two unused connections on a Quad that I'd like to connect myself to the 625. If it isn't possible to ship the 625 to me as the online page indicates for my account, can you explain why not?

Pick your own words and say whatever you want about not being able to get what you are told is available. They won't necessarily get it shipped to you, but you should at least find out why if they won't do it.

As silly as it sounds, you can add and drop the purchased receivers when you want. If you phone in and ask to drop the 3900 from your account, and then ask if the 625 can be shipped to you, the 1st level CSR might actually see that as a choice if you only have two tuners active with a Quad in place. The might have a downside in that you do get it shipped - they might not be able to do anything to the account until the 625 was received and activated. I'd probably see what the CEO folks could do for you first.

·
Banned
61 Posts
cj9788 said:
I hope those comments were not aimed at me. No where did I say I want something for nothing. I never threatened to cancel nor would I. I was not rude or otherwise a prick on the phone. I just wanted the offer from the web site. A leased 625 for two rooms mailed to me for 70.00. Nothing more and nothing less. I do not want an upgrade, I want to keep my other receivers and I do not want it installed. It really would not be an issued to me if THEY did not offer it the way they did on the web site.
sounds to me that if there is any stealing going on it's on dish's part
trying to get a reciever that you bought and own.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
Well, you could tell the CSR that you want to replace the 508, just for the purposes of getting the 625 shipped to you. Then when call to activate it, the CSR you get then will ask if it is a replacement or an add. You simply tell that CSR it is an add. Whatever you told the first CSR (I'm pretty sure) will have no bearing on what the "activation" CSR will do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.