DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was told by the rep on the phone that I would have to turn in one of my bought recvs (they wanted my 508) and that the 625 had to be professionaly installed. I told her that the dish n it up ofeer on the web says I can lease without a recvr upgrade and that it does not have to be installed, that it can be mailed to me. She said I was wrong which pissed me off. If the info is wrong it is E* website that was wrong. I pointed this out to her and she said that the offer was as she stated take it or leave it. Well I left it called back and another rep told me the samne thing. Any one else have the same encounter? Does the leased recvr need to be installed or can it be mailed?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CAbill

Thanks for the response!

The wiring is not a problem for me as I have a DP quad on one dish feeding two recvrs (my 508 and my 301) I have a second dish with a SW21 feeding my 3900. I have 2 free lines on the quad already wired to my living room. It is just a matter of them mailing the 625 to me without giving up one of my other receivers. The Dish-n-it up promo on the web site says either upgrade an old recvr or get a new recvr and they have the mail to OR install options available. The CSR's are either unaware of the offer is no longer availble.

From the offer:

Our DISH'n It Up promotional offers allow you to get the latest in DISH Network technology!

As a valued customer, you can upgrade to a state-of-the-art receiver and pick cutting-edge technology like a Digital Video Recorder (DVR), High Definition (HD) programming, or an HD-DVR receiver for a low up-front price!

Not only does DISH Network offer you your choice of technology - you can also choose whether we ship the new receiver to you or come to your home and provide you with our standard professional installation. Plus, you pick whether you want to upgrade a receiver already on your account or add DISH Network in another room of your home.

Choose from the options below for prices starting as low as $49.00! Call 1-800-333-DISH to place your order today! Hurry - offer expires on January 31, 2007!

I tried to post a link to the offer but you have to logged in on your E* account to get to the page.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope those comments were not aimed at me. No where did I say I want something for nothing. I never threatened to cancel nor would I. I was not rude or otherwise a prick on the phone. I just wanted the offer from the web site. A leased 625 for two rooms mailed to me for 70.00. Nothing more and nothing less. I do not want an upgrade, I want to keep my other receivers and I do not want it installed. It really would not be an issued to me if THEY did not offer it the way they did on the web site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.