DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
If someone were replacing a dual tuner 721 with a 625, they might let the user swap himself. It sounds like you wanted to ADD a 625 which would mean you'd need two more coax lines and two more connections to feed them with. If the 625 is going to change switches, LNBs, need added cables, they may insist on doing the install. But they'll have trouble driving to ********!

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
I'd have to agree with Robert in post #6 about the CSR really not being able to do anything themselves. If you are lucky enough to find one that understands you have two free ports on the Quad, THEY probably can't do anything to get it shipped to you. There is a pretty good chance you can get it to happen with an Email to CEO <at> Echostar.com. You wouldn't have to say much more than what you have here.

When I check Equipment online, it says I can add a 625 and have it shipped to me. Eventhough I use three tuners now, one is on a separate dish and I have two unused connections on a Quad that I'd like to connect myself to the 625. If it isn't possible to ship the 625 to me as the online page indicates for my account, can you explain why not?

Pick your own words and say whatever you want about not being able to get what you are told is available. They won't necessarily get it shipped to you, but you should at least find out why if they won't do it.

As silly as it sounds, you can add and drop the purchased receivers when you want. If you phone in and ask to drop the 3900 from your account, and then ask if the 625 can be shipped to you, the 1st level CSR might actually see that as a choice if you only have two tuners active with a Quad in place. The might have a downside in that you do get it shipped - they might not be able to do anything to the account until the 625 was received and activated. I'd probably see what the CEO folks could do for you first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.