DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me preface by saying that I've searched and tried most everything that I've found on the board here, as far as suggestions, and I've yet to find anything that works :(

We just picked up a HR-24 and trying to program the remote to work w/ our Onkyo receiver (TX-SR876). I am able to get it to turn on/off and change modes, but I can not get the volume up/down to work. Tried the below numerous times, but just never get the volume to work. :(

We've tried everything from the auto program (simply never works for anything, TV, receiver, etc), to manually program it.
  • Switch remote to AV1 (and tried to AV2 too)
  • Select + Mute
  • 9-9-1
  • power
  • channel up
  • rinse/repeat, etc

If anyone has the same unit and has found a way to make this work, I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
First of all the volume NEVER work initially with ANY audio code, reason is the volume keys won't work at all without a tv code programmed to the tv device. ONCE there is a tv code its volume is now in the way, but that can be remedied.

So with tv code in, onkyo code that controls av reeceiver partially, to get the volume in one device:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOL DOWN

Now if you want onkyo volume in ALL devices, do the following instead:

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

·
AllStar
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Edmund said:
First of all the volume NEVER work initially with ANY audio code, reason is the volume keys won't work at all without a tv code programmed to the tv device. ONCE there is a tv code its volume is now in the way, but that can be remedied.

So with tv code in, onkyo code that controls av reeceiver partially, to get the volume in one device:

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOL DOWN

Now if you want onkyo volume in ALL devices, do the following instead:

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT
This (the 2nd one) is exactly what we were going for. Thank you so much!

We really should have a master thread that incorporates all this info so that others don't have to go thru the frustration that I (and others) have. :thumbup:

·
Icon
860 Posts
Edmund said:
I got DirecTV last month and ran into that exact same problem. I just stumbled upon the need to program the TV code first (I have a front projector). I kept programming the A/V receiver (also an Onkyo) and it wouldn't stick until I programmed the projector in as the TV.

·
Problem Solver
1,916 Posts
eapeas said:
This (the 2nd one) is exactly what we were going for. Thank you so much!

We really should have a master thread that incorporates all this info so that others don't have to go thru the frustration that I (and others) have. :thumbup:
Agreed. Can we start a remote programming sticky? It's very useful info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.