DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,777 Posts
EMT said:
Hi all - EMT here. I was the one who posted earlier about having the R15-100, apparently manufactured by RCA, firmware version 0x1022.

I need some help. My SL's are just often "not recording" at all. For example last night "My Name is Earl", "The Office", "CSI", and "ER" all did not record. I can't figure out why. The DVR *is* recording some shows, but there seems to be no identifiable pattern to determine which shows it will record and which it will miss. I have a total of 27 SL's. The "to-do" list is about 49 items - with many missing entries of shows it should be recording.

I am not trying to be overly critical of this unit (I have seen a lot of negative posts here) - but my short term experience is that I can't depend on it to record anything consistently. I can live with the first run bug for now, but I need it to at least record the shows I asked it to. I have experienced problems with DTivo's in the past - but they are few and far between.

Is there something I can do to troubleshoot the problem or is this just the "way it is"??
This may sound stupid, but you may want to give this a shot with one SL and see if it helps. Delete the SL and recreate it. I don't generally have problems with missed shows, but I have had SLs go "stale" (don't know a better term) on me. For example, I set up "American Eats" on the History Channel, and it just stopped picking up new episodes (I had it set up on my other R15 as well, and it was working fine there). So I did just as I recommended - deleted it and recreated it - and it's fine now. This also happened for another SL "How It's Made" on the Science channel. Did the same thing and it worked for that too. I also noticed that I don't need to keep redoing this -- it seems to work fine after that. And it seems to afflict my 500 more than my 300. In fact, I don't recall this happening on my 300 at all. The other night I THOUGHT that it happened on the 300. I went to watch Jeopardy, and was majorly ticked when it wasn't on my VOD list. It was only 7:05 (Jeopardy starts at 7:00 around here), so it was just after the show started. I went to the guide and found that the show wasn't on - it was preempted for the Rendell / Swann debate. The point of that story? No point - just rambling :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.