DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Godfather
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very enjoyable! I do believe Alan Ball of Six Feet Under fame has another hit.
Eros and Thanatos - heavy on the Eros, Southern Gothic, with Faulknerian stream of conciousness via a telepathic character - wonderful!

If the quality of the writing remains this high I'll become a dedicated viewer.

OAD 09/07/07

· Hall Of Fame
1,655 Posts
I really hope that the original air date was not last year ;)

Anywho, I have watched about half the episode so far (had to leave for work) and loved what I had seen so far.

That first part was HILARIOUS!! Meet Vampire BUBBA!

· Hall Of Fame
1,655 Posts
(Don't worry about it :))

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
Well, I sat through the first hour and thought it was pretty bad. Did anyone really not know the vampire was the guy at the coolers during the opening? Thought the acting was terrible and the characters just act like their goal in life is to make poor decisions. I must have rolled my eyes over a dozen times during the show (Tara quiting her job and smacking her boss, vampire leaving with the losers - and getting overtaken, Sookie taking on both the losers and winning, overly dramatic gay character, etc. ) How many episodes will it take before we find out the bartender (her boss) is also the stray dog?

· Registered
2,210 Posts
spartanstew said:
Well, I sat through the first hour and thought it was pretty bad. Did anyone really not know the vampire was the guy at the coolers during the opening? Thought the acting was terrible and the characters just act like their goal in life is to make poor decisions. I must have rolled my eyes over a dozen times during the show (Tara quiting her job and smacking her boss, vampire leaving with the losers - and getting overtaken, Sookie taking on both the losers and winning, overly dramatic gay character, etc. ) How many episodes will it take before we find out the bartender (her boss) is also the stray dog?
yup, totally agree with this. I'm disappointed that this was the way it turned out. at first i was hoping this would have been a good replacement for Deadwood (since i like westerners and thriller shows). however, before i delete the SL I'll give it a few more weeks to see if things gets more interesting. If not I still have Dexter in a few weeks :)

· Godfather
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Christ returns to earth and is adopted by a dysfunctional surfer family
He speaks in parables
they assume he's stoned
hilarity ensues

True Blood looks to be quantum levels better though

It comes across to me as Six Feet Under without any restraints

· Hall Of Fame
1,655 Posts
I did not watch Six feet Under so I do not have a basis of comparison,

But for those people like me, who like the romatiscism of vampires this show allows - it equals yummy show! (No pun intended really)

Anywho - I like the story so far - but we will see how the characters and story line develops.

Like GWV said, Dexter starts soon!!

· Difficulty Concen........
Directv, 5 LNB Slimline Dish, HR34-700, HR44-500, C31-700, C41-700, 2 DIRECTV SWM16, 2 Zinwell WB68
7,251 Posts
TedBarrett said:
I'm the only person I know who was sad when HBO cancelled John From Cincinnati:lol:
Man, I hope this thing does not turn out to suck that bad. That show really deeply made me ill. I watched every episode in the hopes there was going to be some huge profound twist and then it just blew like a balloon flying around the room losing air and making one long raspberries sound.

· Godfather
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
armophob said:
Man, I hope this thing does not turn out to suck that bad. That show really deeply made me ill. I watched every episode in the hopes there was going to be some huge profound twist and then it just blew like a balloon flying around the room losing air and making one long raspberries sound.
You are firmly in the vast majority of viewers with that opinion

· Godfather
436 Posts
No kidding. And I just love how the chain was conveniently placed on the back of the truck for sookie. I actually thought it was the writers from Jericho.
Do the people of backwoods Louisiana drink Dos Equis?

· Godfather
340 Posts
I think I was still in the "moonlight" vampire mode - thinking that they were strong and fast. Maybe this show is going to have them in a more mortal light. But I guess they could have just snuck up behind him with the silver chain and brought him down...

· Hall Of Fame
1,655 Posts
They made it seem like silver was a major thing - heck, he was not moving at all with the chain on him.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.