DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recorded Las Vegas Jailhouse tonight but got Impractical Jokers instead. I then set it to record the 1 am airing and the same thing happened. WTF? :mad:

· Registered
14,539 Posts
I noticed this the other night... I was trying to record Impractical Jokers (a new show I've began to love), but The Wieners Circle recorded, which I actually liked and would like to record but who knows what I'll get. Pretty much defeats the reason for guide info & doesn't help me catch old episodes I haven't seen.

· Icon
1,567 Posts
I have noticed wrong guide information from time to time on many channels. Since DirecTV pulls the guide data from Tribune, I do not think the problem is limited to DirecTV. Channels switch their lineup and do not update the data they send Tribune. It is not frequent, but it does happen.

· Registered
4,146 Posts
I suggest you contact Truetv (email) - A couple weeks ago the Sony Movie channel was showing no info in the guide at all - (just displayed MOVIE) for 14 days -the only channel in my guide that was without update info.

I went to the sony movie channel web site and informed them (of my guide issue on D* tv) and got a email response in 24 hrs thanking me and they would look into the issue. ( I thought right :nono2: pat response) But 48 hrs later the channel guide was fixed (updated) the reason I noticed it was (Sony Channel) emailed me and told me it was fixed. :) (UFB)

· Hall Of Fame
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sigma1914 said:
I noticed this the other night... I was trying to record Impractical Jokers (a new show I've began to love), but The Wieners Circle recorded, which I actually liked and would like to record but who knows what I'll get. Pretty much defeats the reason for guide info & doesn't help me catch old episodes I haven't seen.
Exactly, how am I supposed to watch my shows when I don't know when they're really going to be on??? :mad:

· Hall Of Fame
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WestDC said:
I suggest you contact Truetv (email) - A couple weeks ago the Sony Movie channel was showing no info in the guide at all - (just displayed MOVIE) for 14 days -the only channel in my guide that was without update info.

I went to the sony movie channel web site and informed them (of my guide issue on D* tv) and got a email response in 24 hrs thanking me and they would look into the issue. ( I thought right :nono2: pat response) But 48 hrs later the channel guide was fixed (updated) the reason I noticed it was (Sony Channel) emailed me and told me it was fixed. :) (UFB)
Sony's a smaller channel though, it's the only channel Sony owns in the US besides minority shares of GSN, Fearnet and 3net. Turner is a much bigger fish. I'll try it and see what happens though.

Edit: I already got my canned "we got your email but probably won't respond" message. :nono:

· Hall Of Fame
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sigma1914 said:
It's wrong again tonight. This time I checked Uverse & it was wrong, too. Do we contact Tru or Tribune?
I emailed TruTV last night and of course no response. I guess we could try Tribune (or maybe D*?)

· RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
Coca Cola Kid said:
I recorded Las Vegas Jailhouse tonight but got Impractical Jokers instead. I then set it to record the 1 am airing and the same thing happened. WTF? :mad:
Hey, I set up BAIT CAR to be recorded but got Las Vegas Jailhouse instead! It actually was a pretty good show. So maybe you could try recording BAIT CAR to get your show.... ;)

· Hall Of Fame
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
texasbrit said:
If the guide data shows the wrong shows, it's almost certainly a tru TV issue, not Tribune. Suggest you e-mail them.
I already did 2 days ago, no response. :mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.