DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trying to upgrade at last.

621 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  brerabbit 
#1 ·
Hi,

Newbie here with a couple questions. :confused: Been with Dish for about 6 years. Currently own 3 receivers to 3 bedrooms. One 2700 and two 4900's (Dinosaurs I know). I have the everything pack with locals. and pay extra for 2 receivers.

Got an HDTV(Panny 50x60u) for my basement Home theater and was looking at a VIP 622, with the new TV as TV 1 and my previously unconnected living room tv as TV2. For my bedroom I want to swap a 4900 for a DVR,(tired of the VCR!!) and the 625 is the only SD DVR I see in the dish site. The other 4900 and 2700 receivers I want to keep as they are ( if possible).

Of importance in my set up is that 2 bedrooms and the basement have independent tv viewing at all times. I have to idea what kind of switches and wires I have on my roof. I just know that I have 3 wires comming into the house :hurah:

Would dish let me have 4 receivers/6 tuners in the house? If not, any suggestions on alternate ways to hook up to allow 2 bedrooms and basement to have independent viewing at all times, along with some kind of viewing in the living room and 3rd bedroom? Even if I get rid of the 2700 and hook a 625 to the 3rd bedroom it would still be 5 tuners and possibly a problem with dish allowing that?

Would I have to have a new dish on my roof? I think I have a dish 500 now. How about leasing vs buying outright? I have read about the 622 having some issues with the HDMI and might have to be returned for a replacement. If I buy it I will be stuck right? I also would like to get HD OTA to the new TV via the antenna that I already have on the roof (currently being used for OTA to the 3 tvs via the same wires that bring in the Dish picture) The guy that hooked me up before is no longer in the dish business. :( Would I be better off finding another local guy or calling Dish directly?

My mind is going in circles trying to read this forum and figure out some of this stuff. Hope I provided enough info. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance. I live in Brooklyn NY BTW.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.