DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Icon
4,153 Posts
Every company's customer service sector is hurting right now. The service industry as a whole has been in turmoil since mid 2020.
Has ANY company had good customer service in the last 10-15 yrs? Assuming you can even reach a human at most companies, they're generally outsourced nowadays and often require multiple calls.

I had a doctor that passed away last year and switched to a Hoag doctor. Worst thing I've ever seen. They won't give you a direct number to the office, so you have to call the switchboard and have them research the issue and get back to you. You're generally on hold for at least an hour and everything requires 3 - 4 calls. Spending almost 2 weeks trying to get my insurance updated and a prescription refilled, I had enough of this new doctor and found another one with better customer service (hopefully). Although I am waiting 1.5 months for an appointment.

Also just spent 1.5 weeks with Amazon trying to get a refund! Same all around!

·
Administrator
505 Posts
Has ANY company had good customer service in the last 10-15 yrs?
I just had a perfect CS experience with Ryobi so there are still some unicorns running around out there.

Reactions: MysteryMan

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Has ANY company had good customer service in the last 10-15 yrs? Assuming you can even reach a human at most companies, they're generally outsourced nowadays and often require multiple calls.
Not to my knowledge.

I canceled Spectrum internet service yesterday and of course you have to call. Listen to many menus to get to the proper place. Then listen to them tell you how great they are and how much I am going to miss them but finally get to the part where they will allow you to cancel. Of course I have to return the modem. Just take to a UPS Store or FedEx store and they will take care of it. There isn't a FedEx or UPS Store withing 60 miles of here. In that case you will have to take it to a Spectrum store. You will have to make an appointment with them to drop it off and the lines are always long? Why can't I just go there and drop it off. You have to make an appointment before you go there. OK make the appointment for me. I can't do that you will have to make the appointment yourself. Tells me where the nearest store is and then he will send me a link on how to make an appointment. Got the link via text message and it tells me to call the same number I called to cancel. The number for the local store also has the same phone number I had to call to cancel. When I call they tell me to go online to spectrum.com and schedule the appointment so I go online and find the place where you supposedly can schedule it. The instructions say to click the link to schedule the appointment. There is no link anywhere to click to schedule the appointment. SO back to the old school method of looking for a local number to the local office. There is none. The only number listed for the local store is the number I had to call to cancel where you have to wade through menus and end up not getting anywhere. So I decide to just drive the 13 miles and throw the modem through the plate glass window of the local store. Just kidding. Decided to drive there and see if they would just let me return the modem without an appointment. Surprisingly that was no problem and took about a minute and half.

Eye Art Font Smile Circle
Font Entertainment Symmetry Plant Fruit

·
Icon
4,153 Posts
Not to my knowledge.

I canceled Spectrum internet service yesterday and of course you have to call. Listen to many menus to get to the proper place. Then listen to them tell you how great they are and how much I am going to miss them but finally get to the part where they will allow you to cancel. Of course I have to return the modem. Just take to a UPS Store or FedEx store and they will take care of it. There isn't a FedEx or UPS Store withing 60 miles of here. In that case you will have to take it to a Spectrum store. You will have to make an appointment with them to drop it off and the lines are always long? Why can't I just go there and drop it off. You have to make an appointment before you go there. OK make the appointment for me. I can't do that you will have to make the appointment yourself. Tells me where the nearest store is and then he will send me a link on how to make an appointment. Got the link via text message and it tells me to call the same number I called to cancel. The number for the local store also has the same phone number I had to call to cancel. When I call they tell me to go online to spectrum.com and schedule the appointment so I go online and find the place where you supposedly can schedule it. The instructions say to click the link to schedule the appointment. There is no link anywhere to click to schedule the appointment. SO back to the old school method of looking for a local number to the local office. There is none. The only number listed for the local store is the number I had to call to cancel where you have to wade through menus and end up not getting anywhere. So I decide to just drive the 13 miles and throw the modem through the plate glass window of the local store. Just kidding. Decided to drive there and see if they would just let me return the modem without an appointment. Surprisingly that was no problem and took about a minute and half.

View attachment 32299 View attachment 32300
They don't let you buy your own modem? I bought my Surfboard years ago. I don't like paying rent that adds up to 50x the cost of the item lol.

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
They do let you but there was no cost for the modem up front and there was no monthly charge on the modem so I didn't see any need to buy my own.

·
Icon
4,153 Posts
They do let you but there was no cost for the modem up front and there was no monthly charge on the modem so I didn't see any need to buy my own.
Lucky you. Cox "charges" $12/mo (i.e. the we don't want to deal with the hassle of giving you a modem) -- and an EXTRA $50/mo to remove the data cap. You can also get "premium support" for an extra $10/mo.

·
1,359 Posts
They don't let you buy your own modem? I bought my Surfboard years ago. I don't like paying rent that adds up to 50x the cost of the item lol.
they only charge for the router. id'e buy my own router as i would have more control over it than using there's. they also charge for the wifi pods as well 3.00 a month for one of those

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
they only charge for the router. id'e buy my own router as i would have more control over it than using there's. they also charge for the wifi pods as well 3.00 a month for one of those
There was never a charge for the router modem and my modem didn't have wifi either so there were no charges for that.

·
AllStar
171 Posts
I call 1 800 531 5000 and say cancel that gets you an American!!!
That's the same number I call, but I rarely ever get anyone whose first language is English. Of course, I have never said cancel! Knowing my luck the person would just go ahead and cancel my service! I haven't called Tech Support for a long time now, but in the past that was the best place to find a person whose first language is English.

·
1,359 Posts
That's the same number I call, but I rarely ever get anyone whose first language is English. Of course, I have never said cancel! Knowing my luck the person would just go ahead and cancel my service! I haven't called Tech Support for a long time now, but in the past that was the best place to find a person whose first language is English.
i always say cancel it gets you to an merican in loyality

21 - 40 of 42 Posts