DBSTalk Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
AllStar
170 Posts
i always say cancel it gets you to an American in loyality
They can be hard to understand, but if I can understand them enough for them to take care of what I want them to do there is no need to say cancel. The gentleman that got me signed up for Acorn TV with D was very nice plus gave me some freebies as well so it isn't all bad.

·
6 Posts
I seem to remember a time when DirecTV had the best customer service in the business. I’ve been trying for a month to do a very simple upgrade from an HR44 to an HR54 so I can watch programming in 4K on my new TV. My first attempt to call customer service failed because the rep on the phone had no idea what I was talking about. They said I’d get a call in 3-5 business days. That never happened, so I tried calling again. This time they appeared to understand what I wanted and set up an appointment for two weeks out. Today, the installer shows up and tells me that my work order was wrong and he didn’t even have any HR54s available to do the upgrade. So now I have to call them a third time to “fix their mess,” as the installer described it. I got the sense that this happens all the time.
The funny thing is that an ATT “in home expert” came to my house an hour before the installation to try to sell me a bunch of services I didn’t ask for. He left his card, so I left him a message to see if he could fix it because apparently nobody at their call center knows what the heck they are doing. I’m almost ready to cancel DirecTV completely because the service is no longer essential to my TV enjoyment.
Thank the takeover by AT&T, a company with possibly the worst customer service record in the entire industry. They hire incompetent first line CS reps, give them little or no training, and encourage them to say anything or even lie if necessary to get off the call and on to the next dissatisfied customer in under 5 minutes.
As a former AT&T cellular customer who had to suffer thru too many of those incompetent boobs when my phone was on AT&T (long since gone to Verizon), I saw that coming when the AT&T purchase of DirecTv was announced.
As long as AT&T owns it, I don't see any improvement on the horizon.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts