DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Godfather
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprised this morning to wake up and have satellite service. I was expecting to be on OTA today but to my surprise I have service. The best part is that I am still getting HD. Guess it wont be a boring day after all.:D

Anybody else lose service? What was your experience like with TS Fay?

· Registered
725 Posts
I had very minor problems during the storm. less rain fade than what i had whit E

· blah blah blah
2,548 Posts
I've had service since the eye crossed Key West. Prior to that, the 103's and 99's were in and out a lot, but the 101's stayed in for most of the time. This is why I always argue that rain fade is not that a big deal for a properly aimed dish - this is a big wet near hurricane all over us, and we've kept pretty good service so far.

However, the HR20 bites big - lost tuner 1 during a fade event, and, as always, it didn't come back, and it runs dog slow until I reboot it. I don't want to reboot with rain fades possible, so I've been stuck fighting this stupid box since yesterday morning. My H20's are fine, however.

· Icon
881 Posts
JeffBowser said:
I've had service since the eye crossed Key West. Prior to that, the 103's and 99's were in and out a lot, but the 101's stayed in for most of the time. This is why I always argue that rain fade is not that a big deal for a properly aimed dish - this is a big wet near hurricane all over us, and we've kept pretty good service so far.

However, the HR20 bites big - lost tuner 1 during a fade event, and, as always, it didn't come back, and it runs dog slow until I reboot it. I don't want to reboot with rain fades possible, so I've been stuck fighting this stupid box since yesterday morning. My H20's are fine, however.
I have noticed that with heavy storms here. I don't even bother with trying to do anything while it is searching for satellites. Might as well let it sit until the storm is through.

· blah blah blah
2,548 Posts
Aye. Tuner 2 still works, so we can watch TV on it, but you have to be very, very patient with the remote clicks.

JDubbs413 said:
I have noticed that with heavy storms here. I don't even bother with trying to do anything while it is searching for satellites. Might as well let it sit until the storm is through.

· Legend
224 Posts
JeffBowser said:
Aye. Tuner 2 still works, so we can watch TV on it, but you have to be very, very patient with the remote clicks.
My HR20-700 does the same thing. If I loose the signal tuner 1 will not recover and requires a re-boot. Also runs dog slow as yours does while it is in this state. This has to be a software problem. I expected it to be fixed by now. I am hooked up to the internet, if they want to poke around in my HR20, they are welcome to do so if it it fixes the SW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.