DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Godfather
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bagleyb, is the ABC station you receive in the MPEG 4? or is it the east coast feed?
I receive ABC, CBS and FOX (MPEG 2) in HD from the east coast feed. (grandfathered in), I have to rely on an antenna for NBC, whis is good at times, but mostly it is not.
Bofurley

· Icon
694 Posts
Bofurley said:
bagleyb, is the ABC station you receive in the MPEG 4? or is it the east coast feed?
I receive ABC, CBS and FOX (MPEG 2) in HD from the east coast feed. (grandfathered in), I have to rely on an antenna for NBC, whis is good at times, but mostly it is not.
Bofurley
I am in the OKC market. DTV has told me it will be July-Aug before they are turned on. Tulsa might be different since there is a big call center there. HD locals may appear there (Tulsa), before OKC, but that is just speculation. If you goto D* website it specifically lists Tulsa as one area to come next. Does next mean July-August who knows?

· AllStar
60 Posts
Originally they said 4th quarter of 2006...then early 2007...now 3rd quarter of 2007...i'm sure then it'll be 4th quarter...promises, promises, promises...

· DBSTalk Club Member
88 Posts
Bofurley said:
Bofurley
No, I don't have any waivers, have to rely on OTA. ABC in Tulsa is VHF and the is not part of the main antenna farm. There are some suggestions on hdtvok.com about using a jointenna, but that hasn't worked for me. If I could get ABC OTA, I wouldn't care too much about getting HD LiL, but with the ABC situation here (I hear OKC has the same issues) I need HD LiL to get ABC reliably.

· Legend
115 Posts
Bofurley said:
Have the HD channels for Tulsa, Oklahoma been turned on yet?
Thanks,
Bofurley
HD Locals in the Tulsa, Oklahoma markert are scheduled to be active in mid February and the OKC, OK market in the fall. There is no exact date as of yet. Hope this helps.

· Legend
202 Posts
HD Locals in the Tulsa, Oklahoma markert are scheduled to be active in mid February and the OKC, OK market in the fall. There is no exact date as of yet. Hope this helps.
Thank you and do not take this wrong, but I won't believe it till I see it!
Luckily I get all my locals in HD off my OTA!

· AllStar
91 Posts
Dbadone said:
Hi,
Any Idea when the Buffalo, NY hd locals are set to go online?? I rep told me early January, is this right??
Thank you!!
Frank

· AllStar
60 Posts
keep amonte said:
Thank you and do not take this wrong, but I won't believe it till I see it!
Luckily I get all my locals in HD off my OTA!
What do you use to get your locals? HR20? 10-250? ATSC tuner in the TV? Just curious to see how the HR20 is doing to pick up the OKC HD locals???

I've got the 10-250 and live north of Waterloo Rd. near I-35 and get everything pretty good except for 52-1 KSBI...don't really need that though...

Cisco

· Hall Of Fame
1,655 Posts
Yup, early Jan, 2007. And I am not even going to get an hd or hddvr receiver until the hd locals come out, I am so not even getting an off air antenna - too much of a hassle for the house I live in. But perhaps I should get an actual hd tv first right :D:D:D

· Legend
202 Posts
What do you use to get your locals? HR20? 10-250? ATSC tuner in the TV? Just curious to see how the HR20 is doing to pick up the OKC HD locals???
Sorry Cisco,
I live in Broken Arrow, use a HR20-700, and have my attic antenna split to my Elite 1140HD and HR20. I get NBC,CBS,ABC, FOX, and several other stations I will never watch very clear on my OTA. The Santa Software was an early gift to utilize the HR20. Due to the storms here in Tulssa, an antenna was a must for me!

· Mentor
36 Posts
franco said:
Hi,
Any Idea when the Buffalo, NY hd locals are set to go online?? I rep told me early January, is this right??
Thank you!!
Frank
That is what I was told as well two or three weeks ago. I emailed them yesterday so I should get some sort of a response tomorrow. I am getting the new dish installed on Saturday so it would be nice if they got lit up in short order.

· Legend
150 Posts
ciscokidd979 said:

I've got the 10-250 and live north of Waterloo Rd. near I-35 and get everything pretty good except for 52-1 KSBI...don't really need that though...

Cisco
I use the HR-20 in Enid and pick up all the OKC stations just fine. KOCO is a bit spotty depending on the weather but it works 98% of the time. All the other channels are rock solid with no problems. I get 100% signal on 4-1 and 25-1 even at 63 miles.

· Mentor
44 Posts
ciscokidd979 said:

Cisco
I live near Kelly and 15th in Edmond - we get our locals via OTA installed by Directv. We are currently using D10 and H20 receivers. HR20 (with ATSC activated) is scheduled to be installed on 2/14/2007.
LL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.