DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the 3 lnb dish until the new one will be installed later this week. I have two RG6 lines hooked up from the dish to the HR20 and when I go check the signal, it says Tuner 1: 92%, Tuner 2: Not Acquired.

When I check the signal on each transponder though, tuner 1 and tuner 2 both have good signal levels. Is this normal? I would like to be able to watch one show while recording another.

·
AllStar
107 Posts
I have the same problem on tuner 1 with the 101 sat only - it is really frrustrating and I am on the waiting list for a replacement

·
Legend
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A quick update - I switched the lines on the back of the receiver to see if one line was dead (the line going into tuner 2). I switched them and tuner 1 continued working fine, tuner 2 is still getting no signal. This eliminates the wiring as a problem. It has to be within the unit itself. :mad:

Justinto said:
I have the same problem on tuner 1 with the 101 sat only - it is really frrustrating and I am on the waiting list for a replacement
That sucks...got room in that boat for me? Looks like we will be waiting together! :new_cussi

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
The HR20 will not detect tuners correctly unless both sat inputs are connected before you plug the power in, so make sure that was the case when you plugged in the power. Also try taking off the b-band converters.

·
Legend
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PoitNarf said:
The HR20 will not detect tuners correctly unless both sat inputs are connected before you plug the power in, so make sure that was the case when you plugged in the power. Also try taking off the b-band converters.
My bad, I unplugged the IRD and plugged it back in. It works fine now. Man I thought windows took a long time to boot....whew that was exhausting...now I understand why you guys recommend a UPS..looks like I will be picking one up tomorrow!

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
caimakale said:
My bad, I unplugged the IRD and plugged it back in. It works fine now. Man I thought windows took a long time to boot....whew that was exhausting...now I understand why you guys recommend a UPS..looks like I will be picking one up tomorrow!
Glad to hear it's working for you now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.