DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new HR20 online from a 3rd party for my father as a Christmas gift, but there are few problems with the unit/service we have encountered. I should note that I connected the HR20 myself using only the existing connections we had for our plain Samsung (I think) HD receiver. We have a 3 LNB dish with off-air antenna and the HR20 has the 0x10b software.

First, there is virtually no signal being sent to/from the 2nd tuner. In the signal strength menu there is only a single "51" and the rest of the numbers are "0" across all other transponders. Perhaps this is a problem with how our cables are setup, or our current multiswitch? I don't know.

Second, and this is in relation to the first problem, we are unable to record one program while viewing another. The message "Two tuners are in use" appears when attempting to change from the channel that is currently being recorded. However, we are able to record from an OTA channel while viewing any other channel, but this leads me to the third problem.

Third, the OTA channels don't come in. All it says is "Searching for signal on the off-air tuner.... (771)." The OTA channels came in fine using our previous HD receiver.

Thanks in advance for any help that is provided.

·
Legend
113 Posts
The two Sat tuners require separate feeds. The OTA has its own separate input connector also.

Assuming you got this right, make sure you select your local area via setup request for primary zip and secondary service market zip codes. After selecting this, it sets up up the tuner programming for correct stations and receives (assuming from Sat feed data link) the TV guide for these two markets.

D* has some errors in their local market setup and you might get wrong ones, or ones not on the air yet, in the list.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RCinFLA said:
The two Sat tuners require separate feeds. The OTA has its own separate input connector also.
I do not have two separate satellite feeds, but I do have the single satellite feed going in to SAT 1 and the OTA feed going to the appropriate connection. Are the two separate satellite feeds possible with a 3 LNB dish and if so, how would one go about it?

RCinFLA said:
Assuming you got this right, make sure you select your local area via setup request for primary zip and secondary service market zip codes. After selecting this, it sets up up the tuner programming for correct stations and receives (assuming from Sat feed data link) the TV guide for these two markets.

D* has some errors in their local market setup and you might get wrong ones, or ones not on the air yet, in the list.
Los Angeles is the only market that shows up, which I assume should be correct. Like I said, the OTA worked fine with our regular HD receiver :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.