DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CNN news chief in Israel on damage-control visit

CNN chief news executive Eason Jordan arrived in Israel Friday on a damage-control mission after comments by U.S. media mogul Ted Turner prompted Israeli broadcasters to consider pulling the plug on CNN.

"He is here for consultations and meetings with newsmakers. Obviously ... there are problems with the cable operators and that is one of the things on his agenda," said a CNN news figure in Jerusalem who asked not to be named.

Turner, founder of the 24-hour Cable News Network, was quoted Tuesday as saying the Israeli military was engaged in "terrorism" against the Palestinians that could be compared to Palestinian suicide bomber attacks on Israelis.

Click here for the full story

G

·
Interesting Article. I like the part about the Israeli Satellite Company considering Replacing CNN with the way Better Fox News Channel. That would really stick it to Ted Turner since he and Rupert hate each others guts.

·
Hall Of Fame
21,331 Posts
Fox is now on the air there on at least one delivery platform. They made the "welcome announcement" live on one of the Fox programs last week. I love to see the "mouth of the south" tripping on his own tongue.

·
Godfather/Supporter
281 Posts
I hate CNN! How could he say that about Israeli military? It is the same thing to say as US military is engaged in "terrorism" against the Afghanistan.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
When I moved down south 12 years ago, I learned that almost everyone here is afraid of what Ted Turner will say next. Liberal or Conservative, he is like that crazy uncle the you feel guilty about if you don't invite to dinner, but you are just counting the minutes till he says something that makes you remember why you never invite him. :D

I hear that in the late 80s he made some doozies...

G

·
Supposedly in College Ted Turner was caught painting Swastikas on some Jewish students Lockers. He thought it was funny.

·
Icon
524 Posts
Originally posted by gcutler
When I moved down south 12 years ago, I learned that almost everyone here is afraid of what Ted Turner will say next. Liberal or Conservative, he is like that crazy uncle the you feel guilty about if you don't invite to dinner, but you are just counting the minutes till he says something that makes you remember why you never invite him. :D

I hear that in the late 80s he made some doozies...
While speaking in a packed convention hall full of women a few years ago in Atlanta, Turner remarked that his dad always told him: Son, you have to get down on your knees once in a while to get ahead in this world :lol: :rotfl: :rolling: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts