DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a power flash which I guess was the first time my HR23-700 has reboot since the new software was installed on 12/16. After it rebooted, which seemed to take alot longer than with the previous software, everything seemed to be working except when trying to open TV apps I get TV Apps is still initializing please try again later (450). I am connected to the net I even restored defaults and reconnected to the internet. On my H21-200 downstairs I rebooted it because the RF remote would not respond and it said the same thing for a few minutes but then started working fine. With the new software is this something that takes awhile to load along with the Cinema info on DVR recievers?

·
Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I may have fixed it, not sure why it was an issue. I rebooted my router than rebooted my boxes one by one and the STB Services tab was now working without the little caution sign next to it. would it be a better idea to assign a static address? I am about to switch to Uverse high speed which will involve switching to their modem/router in one so the router is about to get switched out soon.

·
Godfather
544 Posts
I have the same thing happen to me after a quick "power flash". I usually have to power cycle my router to fix it. Longer power outages not a problem. I have a wired Linksys 4-port router. I have static IPs BTW and it still happens.

·
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,541 Posts
Kev4Bama said:
I think I may have fixed it, not sure why it was an issue. I rebooted my router than rebooted my boxes one by one and the STB Services tab was now working without the little caution sign next to it. would it be a better idea to assign a static address? I am about to switch to Uverse high speed which will involve switching to their modem/router in one so the router is about to get switched out soon.
I am a fan of fixed IP addresses. All four of my boxes are configured that way. I chose numbers within the DHCP range, but above any likely assignment by the router.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.