DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
59 Posts
davidpaj said:
I just got a new hd tv.. in 720 it tiles the same picture 3 times. in 1080 it's clear as a bell..... why?
When I replaced my h20-600 with the h20-100, my tv upstairs did the same thing. But that tv is a lot older than the one I have downstairs. I didn't remember it happening with the -600 install. Check your manual to see if it accepts 720p. Nothing is wrong your tv, it might not accept the signal. Just change the resolution to 480 and 1080.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
mjones73 said:
What's the make and model of the TV and what does your TV problem have to do with Directv by the way?
Other than maybe posting this to the General Discussion thread, I don't see anything wrong with him posting this question. He most likely is a D* subscriber if he's in this forum, and who else is he to ask the question of? He's more likely to get a solid answer here (or maybe at TivoCommunity) than anywhere else he could have asked. What's he supposed to do, call D*??? Right...

·
Legend
188 Posts
I believe that your TV probably doesn't support 720. Check your specs, but I have an RCA that does the same thing. It is not just with my D* receivers, but with XBOX 360 as well, and my TV does not support 720.

·
AllStar
93 Posts
Many of the older HDTV's don't support some resolutions.

I had a Samsung tube 16x9 HD that only supported 1080i. If you sent it 720p, you got a crazy pattern on the screen!...

JT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.