DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TV Land Schedule Has Familiar Feel
Courtesy of Multichannel News

TV Land unveiled plans for several new series and its first awards-show outing.

Adding to the news, Nick at Nite acquired sitcom Roseanne, which will debut in primetime in September 2003.

TV Land said it will repurpose programming from several fellow Viacom Inc. outlets.

The weekly TV Land Legends: The 60 Minutes Interviews will kick off in November, featuring archive footage from the CBS News magazine. Ed Bradley will host.

And this fall, TV Land will debut ET in TV Land, which will update footage from the library of Viacom-owned syndicated show Entertainment Tonight.

TV Land will also introduce its own annual awards show, The TV Land First Annual Classic TV Awards, next spring.

And the network is creating two new program blocks.

'The TV Land Kitschen,' hosted by Martin Mull and Fred Willard, will air midnight to 2 a.m. and include shows such as Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.

And 'Better Living Through Television' is a Sunday-morning block with a lineup that includes The Honeymooners and Father Knows Best.

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My question is why are they killing this channel?

I would love to see a suite of 6 TV Land Channels

TV Land 50's
TV Land 60's
TV Land 70's
TV Land 80's
TV Land 90's
The Best of TV Land

I want to see CLASSIC TV Shows, NOT ROSEANNE! (Didn't TBS run this show like crazy?!)

I also LOVE the retromercials.

·
Godfather/Supporter
444 Posts
This is good news. Ever since TiVo was able to handle wishlists, I've had one for "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" just in case some one decided to show it. (It's a nostalgia thing--my friends and I used to gather every night at 11 for the original showings back when I was in college.)

Thanks, Scott, for the heads up!

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
The other main viacom channels have suites, I think TV land should too. I like your idea Scott, iI used to like Nick At Nite, I remember when It started at 8PM. Remebemer watching F Troop, Newhardt, Dick Van ****, Dragnet, Adam12, MTM, the Munsters, The Lucy Show. While Cheers, Cosby and Roseanne are are/were popular shows I feel they dont belong on TVLand/Niick[email protected] Where will it end, in another 3 years we might start seeing Full House on TV Land..

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
The swirling sound you hear is TV Land's programming going down the toilet! :)

See ya
Tony

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know with all these channels you would think there would be a lot of stuff on TV to watch.

But the more I think about it, I think there was more on TV in the days where we had no cable or satellite, when you could only get 4 channels off the antenna. The programs were better and you looked forward to the summer so you could watch the reruns of shows you missed,

I use to really love when it was time for the new TV Season to start I always loved when the networks gave us new network slogans and jingles.

Now that I think about it, I dont think there is such a thing as a TV season anymore.

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
sure there's a TV season-it runs for thirty days in November, February and May!!!!

I'm old enough to remember when the average show spit out approximately 35 to 36 shows a season!!!!The only time you didn't get to see new eps of your fav show was in December when there were literally hundreds of Christmas specials.

Then, in the summer, there were a goodly portion of summer stand in series(CMT is running old "glen Campbell goodtime hour" repeats now, which started as a summer stand in)-this allowed new shows to be tested....Shows didn't have to literally bolt out of the gate to stay in production and many shows were given at least two years to build their audience(the fugitive and twelve o clock high are good examples of that)

nowadays, if a program gets 22 shows, you're lucky(futurama only got 18 this year and for all practical purposes is shut down, tho we will be seeing 18 ep seasons for at least two more years)

oh for the good ole days

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
shows i would love to see on TVLand(or it's clone)

Twelve O clock High
The Original Fugitive
East Side/West Side
hollywood Palace
Naked City
Untouchables

and what;s the story with AMC???!!!???Commercials????Horrible Movie choices recently(tho we both agree-you CAN'T watch "rio bravo" enough times-or "chisum", one of the dukes better late carreer flicks)....

·
2 Posts
The problem with TVLand is they have somewhat gone away with the origianl channel idea. When TVLand first debuted , the had shows that hadn't been seen in a number of years (Sgt. Bilko , Ed Sullivan , Sonny and Cher , Mannix , ect.). They also showed many more retromercials. In fact , this is why I got a Sat. Dish in the first place , because my cable Co. didn't have TVLand. But In recent years , they have shown more popular classics (Andy Griffith , I love Lucy ,All in the Family ,ect.) that I really Love , but you can find them on many other stations daily. I would love to see them go back to their origianl idea for this channel. The problem is that TVLand is Viacom owned , so they of course they are going to show Viacom-owned shows. But when they do sometimes show classic shows (Like the upcoming showing of the origianl Batman) it keeps me tuning in.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,657 Posts
Because of more and more classic shows which are newer going to Nick they are shifting those shows that were on Nick at Nite to TVLand and then where do you think those shows on TVLand go to? Some get the boot when a new channel should arise to put those older shows on. Either that or they need to come up with a new channel to put the current shows that they are starting to put on Nick at Nite so they dont have to do so much changing around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.